BARs at TCA Show

Here are some pics of my BAR display yesterday at the TCA show.

Several BAR men brought their guns and added to the display.

Guns included Colt, Win, Royal Type, Ermco, & Ohio Ord.

The owner of the Royal Type was kind enough to let several people shoot his gun. Eat your heart out if you weren't inline for that bene.

Of course there were also Thompsons at the show and I'll leave it to others to post those pics.

Jim C

IMG_0131_1.JPGIMG_0132_1.JPGIMG_0133_1.JPGIMG_0134_1.JPGIMG_0135_1.JPGIMG_0136_1.JPGIMG_0137_1.JPGIMG_0138_1.JPGIMG_0139_1.JPGIMG_0140_1.JPGIMG_0141_1.JPG

• Upvote 1

Jungle walk, The magazine chest goes with the large leather scabbard and mounts on a horse. The set caries the BAR and 30 loaded mags. Jim C

PS I have not been able to determine the length of service for this set of leather case and ammo chest.

My leather case is not dated but the case in the Ballou book is dated 43.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/300868-bar-magazine-chest/?hl=%2Bphillips+%2Bpack+%2Bsaddle

Edited by jim c 351

Jim,

Good looking BAR's, makes me want to open up my safe!

Darryl

I've had at least 3 of the leather cases and seen a couple more. Most were marked Boyt and dated 40's. The current one has the initials B.K. and the drawing number D6065 and was new when I got it and has no date. I've since slid a gun in and left a couple marks on the interior. I've not seen one yet marked pre-41, and if I recall the ones that were dated all were Boyt 43. Yeah, I don't get it either since the A2 won't fit? I also have an early dated canvas case that only fits the 1918. I don't know if you were supposed to remove the bipod or ?

Now you need a set of night sights? I have a set I'd trade for lewis night sights if anyone's looking?