Did Sgt.rock Have M1a1 Or 28>

yep the fiftie's comic's.some here do know what that was right? and all those 30cal watercooled german brit tripod gun's..what had they been thinkin...yep kool comic's..now they are becoming pricey... but gunner and sarge and pooch.. yep good time's...the smell of musty old garage bin..full of collectable's.. wink! take care,ron

p.s. now back to the homemade shrimp fried rice..

Ron,

I think ol' Joe Kubert, the artist who created Sgt. Rock, might have stretched the details now and then, but I think, for the most part, the Sarge used an M1A1...man, I used to have about 400 of those issues..."Sgt. Rock", "Our Army At War", etc...gave 'em all away...I probably had enough rare issues to trade for a FA Thompson... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif

Rob

looking through all my stuff today,located a dozen 1956 through 1959 issue's.also found a few howling commando's also.along witha few thompson 1930 poster's.and bataan,and wake island.

and my coveted six new in wrap fantastic monster's of filmland..the take -off from famous monster's.or what paul blaisdell started.i knew forry ackermann/akermonster personally..paul now deceased.

yep when i went off to war in 1968{ police action from the gov.}most of my stuff got tossed..however some thing's did get rat-holed away....along withover a 1,000 book's and magazine's..

now today some have been a collector item. i guess..anybody interested in the first issue of "club"

still miss: true action,argosy,and stag! they all had thompson's..good time's.....too much reading warped a kid's brain..............but boy could he fight..take care,ron

I loved the old comics, especially the war ones from the 50s and 60s. Seems like I remember that Jack Kirby's Thompsons were very strange. They almost looked like ray guns.