Stolen OOW 1918SLR

I also posted this in the off topic forum

Posted Today, 03:06 PM

My son had a break in at his farm and the thieves used a chain to pull his 1000 pound gun safe with 22 firearms in it through his door. They ripped up the floor where the safe was bolted in by using my son's jeep ... That's right ... They used his jeep wrangler to steal the safe ... They stole the jeep as well. The vehicle was recovered.

The thieves were arrested for another break in, but they had already sold his guns for heroin. Little consolation. He did have insurance, but it never covers everything.

Anyway ... Among the guns stolen was my Ohio Ordnance SLR which I had loaned to him. These guns are kind of rare and I hope it turns up ... Though I shudder to think of the condition it is probably in now.

Serial number is 3452 ... I don't expect anyone to come across it on here ... But just in case.

post-260006-0-43424700-1500327671_thumb.jpg

I would also contact Ohio Ordnance in case they get a new uniformed buyer who calls and asks them about his "new gun"

Alex Stevenson at Ohio Ordnance may can assist in getting ithe SN on their "stolen" list in case it ever comes in for repair etc.

"Alex Stevenson"

Hate to hear this, hope the PD can recover some of the guns. Also would be interested in the sentence these guys end up with.

Sandman1957

I would also contact Ohio Ordnance in case they get a new uniformed buyer who calls and asks them about his "new gun"

Alex Stevenson at Ohio Ordnance may can assist in getting ithe SN on their "stolen" list in case it ever comes in for repair etc.

"Alex Stevenson" <astevenson@ohioordnanceworks.com>

Hate to hear this, hope the PD can recover some of the guns. Also would be interested in the sentence these guys end up with.

Sandman1957

This is one of the first things I did (Informing OOW) ... Thanks

• 3 months later...

Sorry to read about this.

My wife's OOW 1918A3 BAR (7.62 NATO) was stolen along with a rental truck full of product.

The Phoenix PD wrote it up as a stolen truck and closed the case when (empty) truck was recovered.

I never thought of telling Alex at OOW about it.

The serial number was 466.

Richard

Recommend you do, in case it is sold and the new owner contacts them. May help you get it back. Bob Landies and crew are great folks.

I'm sure if they know it is hot, they will keep an eye out for it.

Sandman1957

Recommend you do, in case it is sold and the new owner contacts them. May help you get it back. Bob Landies and crew are great folks.

I'm sure if they know it is hot, they will keep an eye out for it.

Sandman1957

I just had a response from Alex at OOW.

466 has never been back thru their shop.

With all the time that has passed I don't ever expect to see that gun again.

At least I know another group of good guys is also looking.

I hope "OLDTROOPER" can recover his gun.

Richard

Any update of getting the BAR Back?

Nothing has been recovered at this time ... However, a police officer told me that they believe the stolen firearms are in possession of a local drug dealer ... They are working to obtain a search warrant of his residence ... Apparently he is considered a dangerous individual by LEO ... I sill have my BAR belt and magazines ... Something tells me not to get rid of them just yet.

I hope they detain him out side of the residence to prevent a Waco type scenario. By that I mean get him on the move, and pick the place to take him down when he has the least means to resist. Once they grab him, then execute the search warrant on his home.

Hope you get you gear back. Good luck, thanks for the update.