Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

Is this a genuine photo of John Dillinger w/ Thompson?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 jojeep

jojeep

• Regular Group
  • 155 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 06:18 AM

@jpw43
I believe the Canvas bags are seen briefly at the Little Bohemian Shoot Out scene.
And if memory serves me one of the Gangster during a Bank Robbery scene gets shot, thrown up against a wall, drops his Thompson and when it hits the Sidewalk the 100rd drum goes popping out from the force.

Edited by jojeep, 07 October 2019 - 06:20 AM.

#22 NFA amnesty

NFA amnesty

• Regular Group
  • 163 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 06:48 AM

I am surprised that I never saw this photo before. Is it genuine? Or

the product of Photoshop? Or a Hollywood movie? The photo is alleged

to be John Dillinger...

Bob

Dillinger eventually retired and started a burger franchise called Hulka Burgers.   Thats a Fact Jack.

Edited by NFA amnesty, 07 October 2019 - 06:49 AM.

#23 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3836 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 07 October 2019 - 06:59 PM

It was a fifty round and it actually rolled as it popped out. a number of Marlin and Winchester Bars used also. And the famous babe window scene with her firing one telling Johnny to run. Still have the movie stills and poster and v.h.s. And d.v.d. Release.they cut some scenes when it hit T.V. for funny part was on the poster  the artist rendering had a ppsh-41 drum type artwork. On The Thompson.Mostly all real deal guns used in the filming. Not much Prop stuff. But a few MGC Replicas also. in the bank scene the first one. When he cocks it the sounds and also the front grips are give aways And the top with the two screw's Replica models in later years Perfected the non two screw top.

In 1973 it had many   great one  liners.And a ton of gun action.You will have to watch it twice or three times to catch it all.And a few actors who also played In Godfather also.

After Warren played In the Wild Bunch in 69 They had to get Him for this. He reprised His Thompson roll in Bring me the Head Alfredo {Cigar Vendor}

check it out.

Some good info here and a good post.Ron

Edited by colt21a, 07 October 2019 - 07:00 PM.