Kahr C Drum?

So I stopped by the Kahr booth at the NRA show here in Houston and picked up a 2005 Price Sheet. On the back page they list part number "T14KT.....100 Rd Drum Magazine, .45 Cal., Legal to own"

There's no price listed, just "To be announced"

It looks to me like someone at Kahr is looking into making new C drums...

It would make sense that Kahr Arms will manufacture the Type C drum. I wonder what happened to the C drum machinery and tooling used by the Auto-Ordnance Corporation, West Hurley, New York. If Kahr Arms learns from the recent mistakes of the initial run of their Type L drums, the Type C drums may be of good shooter quality and reasonably priced. If so, the bottom will probably fall out on the price of the West Hurley C drum. Of course, seeing is believing when it comes to Kahr Arms.

I suspect as the rumors of the Kahr Arms C drum become more frequent, followed by reports of the actual citing of some prototype drums and possible "available to the public" dates, the number of West Hurley type C drums on the market will greatly increase and the price will decrease as those who purchased West Hurley C's for investment purposes attempt to bail out with some profit.

I find these comments very funny indeed. If Kahr's attempt at producing a L results in producing such a piece of S%#!t that they are, then producing a C drum will be laughable. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif I don't belive they will produce them because there reputation is stained because of the poor quality products they produce, and I don't believe they will expend the tooling up process for them. I will not speculate on the future price of Drums but I will go way out on a limb and bet the house that they cannot produce a reliable, workable C drum! IT ain't gonna happen http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Mike Hammer

If one were to take the time to read the many prior posts on the subject of Kahr making a C drum the answer has been explored. Kahr has to have taken it in the shorts with the L drum.

If you read the shotgun news you will find many ads for the "New" thompson drums and different prices. Reports are that most don't work, don't feed and jam.

Many readers not knowing the workings of making a drum think you just pop it out of a mold, or something - first you have to find an investor with money to invest in a project which may not be completed before the next ban, if one take place, then there has to been a demand - far more that just the readers of this site. Recovery of the investment would be slow. This is not a place a smart investor would place their money unless they do it on the cheap - just look at Kahr when they attempted to make a L drum on the cheap.

Expect to see this question about "will Kahr make a C drum" many times in the future - If a drum is made, expect to see a price that will recover the investment as soon as possible - I would bet around $800. to $1,000 The price has been set by what a WH drum now brings, one that needs rebuilding to work. If a person wants a C drum they will pay the price.