Registered Trigger Groups

That is a really good deal! I spent 8000.00 just for a registered trip lever several years ago with no host. A registered trigger housing is the most ideal part to be registered in my opinion, pretty much "bullet proof" for wear and tear.

Edited by NFA amnesty

That is a really good deal! I spent 8000.00 just for a registered trip lever several years ago with no host. A registered trigger housing is the most ideal part to be registered in my opinion, pretty much "bullet proof" for wear and tear.

What I've witnessed over the years of buying a couple is that registered parts are on the lower spectrum of pricing on carbines. High end would be Winchesters followed by Inland M2's. The reality is that carbines are not really considered "shooters" due to the gun ergonomics and ammo costs. They are effectively military collectibles first and foremost and shooting is secondary. They are generally problem free so receiver damage/ wearing out seems to be all but unheard of? Started with a Plainfield (no problems ever) and upgraded in collectibilty, but haven't shot the new one and have had it 15 years. The history is by far the main reason I own the gun. Awesome guys had the forethought to register parts making them more available or prices would be double. HTH

What I've witnessed over the years of buying a couple is that registered parts are on the lower spectrum of pricing on carbines. High end would be Winchesters followed by Inland M2's. The reality is that carbines are not really considered "shooters" due to the gun ergonomics and ammo costs. They are effectively military collectibles first and foremost and shooting is secondary. They are generally problem free so receiver damage/ wearing out seems to be all but unheard of? Started with a Plainfield (no problems ever) and upgraded in collectibilty, but haven't shot the new one and have had it 15 years. The history is by far the main reason I own the gun. Awesome guys had the forethought to register parts making them more available or prices would be double. HTH

For me I would rather have a registered part (M2 Kit) vs a registered converted receiver as I do shoot my carbine and can simply swap out on any host rifle but would love to own an original M2 carbine....however it would become a safe queen. I also love the history of the weapon and my dad was issued an M2 during the Korean war. You are correct on ammo costs and ergonomics but with a little practice you can control it on full auto and is one of my fun NFA rifles to shoot.

Neil,

Steve tells me that you are having a little trouble making up tour mind.

Let me help by saying that the package I mentioned above is the best deal I have seen in the last 6 months.

Frank at Mid West Tac has 3 listed, none have the registered conv unit. They run $8800.00, $11495, and $18,500.00 for a real M2.

Tell your wife that you are leaning toward the $18,500 , M2 ,and let her convince you that the $7700.00 gun is all you need.

Jim C

Well, I emailed the guy and he said he wouldn’t meet me for several weeks and didn’t seem interested in discussing it. I tried and it’s starting to receive bids but the reserve is not met. I imagine that he will no longer be interested in working out a local deal

I was the seller of the $8800 Carbine on Franks site and it sold in a day. I did have it on a form 3 with my dealer. I sold it because had purchased a registered trigger group in a M2 enforcer pistol from Frank for about the same price. The M2 enforcer is UGLY (the gun itself) and it wasnt well advertised that it was a registered housing.

With 750 for any beater Carbine, I think 8800 (what is suspect the reserve is from his prior listing) is a great deal. But sounds like the seller want that responsive and it is on a form 4. Since you have to wait four months minimum for it to get to your dealer, you have to be comfortable with the seller.

I was the seller of the $8800 Carbine on Franks site and it sold in a day. I did have it on a form 3 with my dealer. I sold it because had purchased a registered trigger group in a M2 enforcer pistol from Frank for about the same price. The M2 enforcer is UGLY (the gun itself) and it wasnt well advertised that it was a registered housing.

With 750 for any beater Carbine, I think 8800 (what is suspect the reserve is from his prior listing) is a great deal. But sounds like the seller was not responsive and it is on a form 4. Since you have to wait four months minimum for it to get to your dealer, you have to be comfortable with the seller.

Edited by Atllaw

Neil,

Sorry things didn't work out well.

To be honest I didn't notice the reserve. I hate reserves. A seller should offer at his bottom price and not play stupid games.

Also the fact that the seller wasn't interested in letting you examine the gun raises red flags.

We will find another carbine for you.

Jim C

With 750 for any beater Carbine, I think 8800 (what is suspect the reserve is from his prior listing) is a great deal. But sounds like the seller was not responsive and it is on a form 4. Since you have to wait four months minimum for it to get to your dealer, you have to be comfortable with the seller.

Dont knock the beautiful full auto Enforcer. Lol

4202D869-0609-4AFC-A62C-EB436B37D3E1.jpeg

Ron

INLAND DIVISION is making new production carbines. Here is their version of the pistol, the "M1 ADVISOR" which would be a good host if you have the trigger pack, then add the folding stock. Or just get the para carbine and go with the longer barrel. I like the fact the "M1 ADVISOR" comes threaded ready for a suppressor.

"M1 ADVISOR" Advisor.jpg https://www.inland-mfg.com/Inland-Handguns/M1-Advisor.html

Edited by Sandman1957

Unfortunately Ive not played with mine either. I got is late last year but dont have a good local range to play with NFA. Im sure its a handful. The case was likely made by someone at a police station or prison. Its custom made and very heavy. Has a repair where the actuator handle wore through. Its very well made and the gun belonged to a career officer.

Ron

Hello, just saw this part of Machinegun Boards, I am usually in the Thompson Full and Semi Section.

I was wondering what is a Registered M2 group ?

And how do you Register these Parts ?

I'm only familiar with a Reciever being Registered.

I once own a Universal Carbine in the 1980's, returned to place of Purchased because of bad Gas Piston problems.

20 yrs ago I remember see M2 partd for sale at Pennsylvania Gun Shows sold right along with regular M1 Parts, the only thing that you needed a Tax Stamp was for a Complete Gun to be Legally Transferred/ Sold.

Do you need to pay $200 NFA Tax per part ??

And when did they start Registering M2 Parts being sold separately as apposed to a Complete gun??

Sorry for all the Questions.

Since the receivers for the M1 and M2 carbines are identical , the ATF put controls are the parts needed to make am M1 into an M2.

The ATF decided that the parts needed to do this conversion constituted a MG.

Since the parts were a MG then they could be registered and taxed as a MG.

So, prior to 1986, dealers stamped their name and a serial number on various M2 parts and registered the part as a MG.

After May 1986 a person could no longer make a transferable MG, that's why the price of conversion units are really high.

Its the same idea as registered sears for an AR15.

Jim C

Thanks Ron. Whoever shoots theirs first posts a range report here? Deal? :)

Am I too late to the party? :D

On January 25th, I let two of my pals shoot my 1944 Inland with registered John Norrell trigger pack installed. They shot about two hundred rounds. A few stoppages but after some gun oil on the bolt, she started to run better. Interesting note...the trigger housing was cast by Rimer Enterprises in the 1960's and registered by John Norrell in early 1985.

I've owned this pack for over a year and this is only the second time I've had it out. :(

Edited by MontanaRenegade86
  • Upvote 1

From my first time out with my National Postal Meter. Ran great with 15 round mags with zero malfunctions on full auto. Had one hiccup with my 30 round AYP Mag. Registered part is the trip lever. Plan to take it out to an indoor range in the near future and shoot some targets at 25 yards. Will post the results.

Attached Files
Edited by NFA amnesty

• 2 weeks later...