Gunbroker C Drum

Just as a price check, I picked up a WH "C" drum that was tuned by Merle for $1500.

I figured $1200 was a fair market price for a WH C drum (before AWB sunset) and $300 extra was fair for a tuned model. Remember that I am a shooter, not a collector per se so I don't care if it is WH. I gotta admit, it is a BLAST to shoot in full auto. Anyone with a Thompson (semi or full auto) should have one, IMHO.

Hey Roland (!)....

Chris.

Chris,

That was my impression as well, what ever price the auction ends with, you can probably figure an additional 300 to get it up to par.

Kinda figure an extra 1k for a Tommy purchase, just for tweaking and miscellanious.

I didn't want to shoot my original - so I paid $1,000. for a WH and had Merle tune up the WH which now works great. Who knows what a WH will be worth 6 months down the road - if Kahr comes out with a C drum??

Ron-

Very true. Who knows what will happen if Kahr/someone else makes C drums in new production. Back then, I knew that Kahr was going to probably sell L drums but the talk of buying new production C drums was pretty much a non issue pre AWB sunset. Things have changed, but I still don't regret my purchase. I got the drum in original packaging with an instruction card and a pouch. Plus - Merle made it look pretty and made it run like it should. I think I read you don't care much for Kahr/WH guns (that's fine - I'm not looking for a debate!) but I couldn't ask for anything more with the C drum. I drop the trigger in full auto and it sprays like a charm without a hang. For me, that is all I want and care about.

Jack - Thompsonitis is a bitch, ain't it? http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif BTW - I love your site. Keep up the great work!

Chris.

Thompsonitis is especially difficult when you don't have enough money to pay for the medicine.

One good way to tell if the WH C drum prices will be affected by the new ones is to compare what happens with the L drum. I wonder if WH L drum prices have dropped, in general.

This is sort of on the topic....picked up a 39rd drum for $85.00 at the Lakeland Gun show on saturday...and it works!...all this new activity in the drum community seems to have brought prices more in line.... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Sgt, If you check out GUNBROKER you will see "L" drums for sale all over it. Most are in the $230.00 +/-range. I think they will come down more after the rush. As for "C" drums...I'd like to see more of those around..... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

I was just offered a New Condition (NOT LEO Marked) West Hurley "L" Drum in almost new condition for $220.00. Rumor has it that Kahr will have the new "C" Drums out by Summer. But the question remains, will they work?! I'm holding off on the Kahr "L" Drums until I hear more positives about them. Too many conflicting statements from Folks I've talked with. Some say their Junk, while others have commented that they run okay...Another individual told me that Kahr now has over 2000 "L"'s in stock. Don't know whether that's true or not.

Oh yeah .. I understood that, it's just that I see that many of them and I think that they will come down a bit. Also the early L drums have dropped some too. $600 was what my WH L cost me last year when the ban was in force. I'm glad I got it, it was a good buy "at the time" when there was no guarantee that the ban would be lifted, plus it runs good which helps a lot. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

I look at them all as part of the history as it unfolds, granted they are not the "originals" but still a part of the growing ebb of the Thompson. I wish I had the bucks when the LEO's were still available.

I have seen WH available in the 200 bracket as well, knowing that a good percentage of them still needed repair.

Hopefully the new C's will work, or with minor adjustments, or before any new legislation cuts them short.

Anyone hear any gossip of price on the Kahr C's yet?

QUOTE (LIONHART @ Jan 16 2005, 12:12 PM)
I was just offered a New Condition (NOT LEO Marked) West Hurley "L" Drum in almost new condition for $220.00. Rumor has it that Kahr will have the new "C" Drums out by Summer. But the question remains, will they work?! I'm holding off on the Kahr "L" Drums until I hear more positives about them. Too many conflicting statements from Folks I've talked with. Some say their Junk, while others have commented that they run okay...Another individual told me that Kahr now has over 2000 "L"'s in stock. Don't know whether that's true or not.

Is this drum available to the general public or just you? I'll still gladly pay a premium for a pre Kahr drum.....

Hopefully with Trace's guidance they will get it right the first time. Its easy to make a few prototypes, where the bugs arise is when it hits the production line.

LOL, reasonable! I guess that depends on ones income.

On my carry permit, I used the reason that "I carry large sums of money."

Kind of the same scenario. No one has ever classified what constitutes a large sum of money. What I might consider a lot, may just be a token gift to the paperboy by others.

Just a guestimate, I would think they would be in the area of 5 - 6 hundred. 7 on the outside. Perhaps a group buy would shave a little off, if at all feasible.