New magazine problem discovered.

So trying to figure out why new magazines wouldn't work. Short version of the story... They are too wide!

Have documented problems where they sit to low, but looking at a few magazines that didn't have that problem but yet the rounds weren't presented so the bolt would push against the rim. Loading two rounds I noticed the lower round was loose and would fall right out. That seemed odd. Then I started measuring. The new mags are about 0.035 inches wider than GI mags. Enough to cause feed problems. And they are slightly trapezoid shaped. This was a sample of four new mags sent with a customer gun. All this same size.

These are the 30 round mags.

20200121_165442.jpg

20200121_170202.jpg

20200121_170113.jpg

20200121_164827.jpg

I have two new ones a buddy of mine bought that wouldn't slide in his new m1. real tight. there was excess solder in the top of the rails of the mags. cleaned that up and they slid up but wouldn't lock in. the holes were not elongated enough to catch and im talking just barely a few thousands. he ordered them from khar so I know where they came from after a bit more tweaking we got them feeding pretty good.