Street Sweeper needs repairing

Sandman1957

Friend of mine has a street sweeper that has the magazine jammed (with ammo in it). (I have not seen it, he just called me).

I am completely not familiar with this gun. Have never seen one in the flesh. He wants to know if there is a good NFA armorer anyone recommends? He is located in Eastern NC.

Thanks in advance,

Sandman1957

And the fact that you have to pull the trigger to advance the cylinder. Not a well thought out design.

ETA: Make sure the spring is fully wound, place gun on safe prior to pulling the trigger. Do all of this, of course, while pointing firearm in a safe direction.

Edited by Tman

While true that the cylinder advances with a trigger pull, when on safe the hammer does not fall (read should not fall, so be careful) . The rear cover on the drum comes off fairly easily and the whole rear of the drum is accessible. Is it specifically a streetsweeper or a striker? I have a number of them and they are pretty easy to disassemble, there are some manuals on line, and I could post a pic of a schematic if I can find it. There is one NIB here somewhere?

Cool item from a panic stricken era, that is relatively harmless compared with current day non-nfa shotguns. As to who works on them, probably not cabela's and as stated with it loaded, it' a big problem, but any reasonable smith with a copy of the schematic should be able to take it apart easily. We're talkin' cobray, not Hotchkiss.

I'll ask him to bring it to where I am so I can take a look at it, and take photos. I know he has to take it in person because of the status ie in battery.

Once I know what we have I can post more specific questions. I figured there has to be a way to take it apart safely and unload it. He did mention he could not get the magazine to rotate.

Thanks for the input, will post more after I have better more specific info and photos.

I have a guy who I trust who I am sure can fix it but he is in Williamsburg VA. A good three to four hours away.

Cheers

Sandman1957.