1 off Thompson?

Quite a few Thompson receivers were made, registered and built into complete guns by shops and individuals between '68 and '86. Not a thing wrong with that in the least and it looks to be quality work.

Consider that since it was made and was worth a few hundred dollars or more, it has appreciated and is now worth $13k, a price that looks really cheap compared to the collector gun. A bargain it is for a shooter. FWIW

M1A1 bolt in a 28 receiver. Anyone see a cracked receiver in the future??

An M1A1 gun is thicker in rear of receiver to prevent cracking since it doesn't have a Blish to slow down bolt.

The above gun would be the same as deactivating the Blish in a standard '28 gun.

Not for me.

Jim C

If the receiver is not cut for the Blish lock then the sidewall to rear face connection would be considerably stronger. That might offset the loss of strength due to the thinner rear face. There's another minor but repairable problem with this gun. The capscrew cocking handle is not cut out for the sights like the actuator knob of a 28

Assuming it is made of a quality steel, I dont see the issue. This would be the chance to start with almost a clean slate and finish out the machining. This would be better than a westy that hat to be rebuilt with added material to correct out of spec slots. Its obviously made of the right stuff....it lasted this long.

Have it all engraved with all the cool marking on both sides. with a new spot for the guy who made it underneath.And in ten years it will be $30 grand. first real cheap shooter that i have seen in a long time. So if the guy can't speelz so what some can't shoot either.

Ron

thats a problem letter stamping,once you hit the stamp its game over, likely the last thing the poor guy did on this project, to remove the letter to re stamp would look way worse and it gives it something to discuss as to why it happened, think about stamping, either you are doing it upside down in which case no excuse or from right to left, likely how he made the error

just my 5cents

My guess is that the misspelled manufactures markings metal stamp arrived shortly before May 19, 1986, and he had to go with it to make the registry manufacture cutoff deadline for transferable. At that time guys were trying to get 25 hours out of a day to add to the registry and beat the deadline.

At any rate the receiver machining, contouring and fit to lower looks overall better then most factory West Hurleys.

A friend of mine bought it i told him send it philly ord and they can take care of it and make it look good again. And make it right.

I said if you end up with $15 grand into it in five years it will probably bring $20 grand and you can shoot it along the way.

with the crazy Thompson price a Colt will be a $100 grand. and guns like this will be $25 grand. When i see old $2500 buck presamples. now sell for over $15,000 today.

Heck tell me i am wrong.

When i see drums bring what A Colt did just 20 years ago.I guess some people forgot the $1,000.00 Colt back when,

I have not.RON K.

A friend of mine bought it i told him send it philly ord and they can take care of it and make it look good again. And make it right.

I said if you end up with $15 grand into it in five years it will probably bring $20 grand and you can shoot it along the way.

with the crazy Thompson price a Colt will be a $100 grand. and guns like this will be $25 grand. When i see old $2500 buck presamples. now sell for over $15,000 today.

Heck tell me i am wrong.

When i see drums bring what A Colt did just 20 years ago.I guess some people forgot the $1,000.00 Colt back when,

I have not.RON K.

It was a good deal for the price.

you can get a real ww2 thompson for $18-21k, so i think anything you put into this may be lost $$

i have no issue with buying it...if it runs great...if not, id resell or return and move on...if i didnt have a thompson id roll the dice and see how it runs. it was a great price

i think it was priced correctly for a 1-3 week sale. price it at $15,000 and im not sure it would sell at all.