Never Too Early To Ask.....is Anyone Here

Seems to me that boredom is running a bit high lately, so I'm curious to find out if anyone else is going to be there, where are you staying, will you be shooting, etc.

Maybe some of us can get together and put names to faces, as it were??

I'll start:

Will be going with three friends (one of them a KCR newby, two veterans)

We stay at the Comfort Inn in Brooks.

We'll be there Thursday afternoon and leave Sunday to head back to Minnesota at about 1 PM.

Will do Jungle walk a few times, and probably meet some of the Subguns.com crew Friday PM....maybe shoot on Comp range if they have bowling pins set up??

We usually hit the lower range to shoot Sunday at 9 AM....couple thousand rounds and then clean the guns and leave (after checking for last-minute bargains....)

Most days just wandering around looking for ammo or parts.....lotsa time to meet folks!!

Next??

john http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Yes John; Let me plead for Thompsons in the 'Jungle"! We used to get about half a dozen Thompsons going thru the jw in two days. This last shoot, only one Thompson went thru the jw http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gif . This set-up we have in the woods, will test your target acquisition, and immediate response ability to hit the target, and then move on. Quite different from standing in one spot, shooting on the line.

If you can't bring your Thompson, this time, then come and use the range Uzi. In this way, that will prime you to bring your Thompson next time.

In recent years, since 1989, I have seen the classic SMGs become less & less, and the modern black plastic subs become more numerous. yeck!!! The Jungle Walk is only a little side activity during the MG Shoot, but we have fun down there. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

KCR has flooded over the entrance bridge twice this winter already, so I will not have much foilage down there to hide targets....Hopefully it will not flood during that time.........and screw everything up..... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif .........jw

http://www.hunt101.com/img/104887.jpg

At least , stop by and say 'Hi", twould be great to meet everyone..!

I'll be there fur sure! Usually just run down for the day on Saturday. JW, I may even bring my M1 to play with, all depends on how my shoulders feel. Greg, I may be hitting you up on one of those cases I should have bought last year! Anywho, I'll be there. You all know my face from behinf the gun, look for me. I'll be in Louisville this Saturday also at the show. See me, stop me.

I'll be there........and we stay in brooks comfort inn also!! email me at ibewolfer@aol.com ... John ......look forward to meeting some of you guys.....i'll be handing out around walter and vics table alot.."semiauto stens, ultramag 50,tommy15 guys" will be shooting in the assault rifle match...me,wife and friend and a ho he brings if finds one...lol...will be in brook...i say we all get together after the shoot one night and have a motel party/..lol...

I'm usually a Sat day kinda guy, getting there around 1300 and hanging around for a least one or two of the night shoots. This year I plan on JW and the assault run. Have to get on the site and register to know my times, etc. I'll have to get smarter about hotels, etc. between then and now but would certainly like to get together on Sat eve and shoot the poop, so to speak. Let's keep the string going and as we get closer, we'll put something together.

C.J.

Yea...i think we need to have a get together..say saturday night after a day at knob and all meet up somewhere to have a bite to eat and drink a beer and shoot the poop....anyone here gonna have a position on the lower range? maybe we should all go in together and reserve us somewhere to shoot or something...that might be tough though...anyone have any ideas? might be a great idea for all of us to go in and help pay for something like that for machinegunbooks.com....i'm sure frank and nick would like to spread the word alittle more and have some books and goodies to sell....anyone have any ideas? we could all get together and make out own shooting club or something....speaking on such...i need to donate alittle to help keep this board going...it would be a good idea for all of us to donate alittle money...together we could build it up and get alot of enjoyment from it...on the most part it seems like a great bunch of guys here...any ideas or input from anyone else on any of this?

Junglewalk, you've seen my '28 Bridgeport several times....it's polished and ungodly shiny!

I usually go through the walk with my L-drum, but sometimes I take two sticks. Also have a S&W 76. You'll know me when you see me!

I'll be sure to look any up at their tables (may even put money down on an UltraMag 50??).

We've been known to drink copious amounts of Bourbon in the hottub at the Comfort Inn....they just let us alone, even past midnight! A hotel party sounds fun!!

john http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

yea! i'm getting an ultramag 50...already spoke for a certain one and sending money monday....i drank several beers in the hot tub...went across the road to that gas station and got a huge cup that held 2-3 beers and got a top and straw...lol....sounds like a good idea to me.......our room is already booked for april..we booked it when we left last time....lol..so anyone that wants to be sure to get a room in brooks you might wanna reserve it now.......since most of us seem to stay in brooks..maybe some of you other guys might look at staying at the comfort inn....we'll be checking in thursday evening and checking out sunday evening....little less than 6 weeks away! better get a room and send those entry fees in! stuff fills up faster and faster every year.....