Photo

Looking a correct violin case for my sbr'ed chopper.

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Baltimoreed11754

Baltimoreed11754

• Regular Group
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:Martial double action revolvers, military history, Wild Bunch cowboy action shoots, reloading.

Posted 15 June 2020 - 08:35 PM

Have the big end about done. I didn’t like the big walnut blocks that I had on the stock side so I'm changing things a little. Also have four 20 rd cardboard repro vintage .45acp boxes coming. I’ll see if I can squeeze them in. Add a little color too. 

Attached Files

Edited by Baltimoreed11754, 15 June 2020 - 08:42 PM.

#22 Baltimoreed11754

Baltimoreed11754

• Regular Group
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:Martial double action revolvers, military history, Wild Bunch cowboy action shoots, reloading.

Posted 20 June 2020 - 05:08 PM

It’s coming along, took a while for me to decide on how to do the upper but this is what I’ve come up with. Thought that I’d add my Savage, Got a few more blocks to secure and covering everything with felt. Going to add some snap straps to secure the Savage and 1911. The lid compresses against the upper to hold it tight. 

Attached Files

Edited by Baltimoreed11754, 21 June 2020 - 10:47 AM.

#23 Baltimoreed11754

Baltimoreed11754

• Regular Group
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 08:26 PM

Think that all my walnut inserts and straps are done and tomorrow I’ll start gluing the felt. I want green under the Savage and 1927 upper and brown under the 1911 and Thompson bbl. If I can find 6 magnets with counterbored holes in the center I want to inlet and screw them to the aluminum in the open space below the 1911. The felt will hide them. I will have a 1911 and Savage mag stuck to them sitting there. I didn’t like the  washers so I built a couple of 1 inch walnut discs to secure the ends of the straps. Letting the stain dry now. 

Attached Files

Edited by Baltimoreed11754, 24 June 2020 - 08:37 PM.

#24 Baltimoreed11754

Baltimoreed11754

• Regular Group
  • 126 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 03:27 PM

Except for the felt on the backside of the top and a few loose pieces of the yellow line it’s done.

#25 Baltimoreed11754

Baltimoreed11754

• Regular Group
  • 126 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 03:29 PM

Except for the felt on the backside of the top and a few loose pieces of the yellow liner that are loose it’s done. But I’m still waiting for the stock slide.

Attached Files

Edited by Baltimoreed11754, 03 July 2020 - 03:31 PM.

#26 Baltimoreed11754

Baltimoreed11754

• Regular Group
  • 126 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 08:26 AM

Of the two 1928 stock slides that I’ve ordered the GPC repro is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Still no sign of the original from the Netherlands. I will have photos of the assembled Thompson and a range report before the weeks out. 

My GPC repro slide came a couple days later than tracking said. It was a good tight fit on my 1928 milsurp stock, had to tap it on, screws aligning fine, Slid it onto my gun and put ten rds downrange. Hit everything that I aimed at. I flipped up the rear sight. I’ll try to get photos tomorrow as I’ve got a Md’s appt today. Assuming that my original slide arrives and is not tighter to my gun than the repro I’ll probably sell it. 

Edited by Baltimoreed11754, 17 July 2020 - 08:47 AM.

#27 Baltimoreed11754

Baltimoreed11754

• Regular Group
  • 126 posts

Posted Today, 07:28 AM

Carried it to last month’s cas match and let the guys play with it during lunch break, they ran a couple of mags through it. Clanged the rifle and pistol targets just fine. Double taps were no problem either. Minute of sass marshal. We were using the slot in the charging knob to sight through. Feeds my round nose, swc and pc boolits just fine. It initially had issues with lead boolits with the heavier oem recoil springs but feeds 100% after replacing them with the lighter springs and buffer. Trying to talk the guys into a zoot match this year. We do a 2 inch snubby match where we add a 2 inch bbl gun along with our regular guns, maybe then.

Edited by Baltimoreed11754, Today, 07:31 AM.