How Much Are UD42's?

I think the going price is around 25K or so. I don't remember ever seeing one for sale before at any of the gun shows I've been to. They aren't too common. Parts come up on occassion, but not often. Most people haven't a clue as to what they are, and it is a butt ugly gun.

i like to collect unusual guns...i think it has a bit of a thompson look to it....seems like so many guns take a bit of their appearance from the thompson....

$25k is not a bad price for what it is.....problem is parts....mags seem to come up a few times a year....

wonder how many in the registry....id assume under 100.....

if one were to show up id be interested...if it came with a nice parts kit more so

i like to collect unusual guns...i think it has a bit of a thompson look to it....seems like so many guns take a bit of their appearance from the thompson....

$25k is not a bad price for what it is.....problem is parts....mags seem to come up a few times a year....

wonder how many in the registry....id assume under 100.....

if one were to show up id be interested...if it came with a nice parts kit more so

No real such animal as "nice" parts sets for these.

As I recall ARMEX was the one who brought in the guns out of I think it was Indonesia that were originally part of the Dutch East Indies contract before the war.

The best of those were mostly sold as Pre May samples, the rest were kitted up and were often heavily used.

There were Posties built up on the kits years ago. WME once offered beautiful 80% receivers, understand these are not tube based guns, a bit complex receivers and the demilling was rather nasty considering the time frame as well with a missing center chunk.

Ugly as sin however that said they are one of the smoothest shooting SMGs of the period.

If anyone is looking for spares we do have one mostly complete kit that comes with extras. Basically two complete lowers and barrels, a bolt and receiver chunks.

Main point of failure seems to be the extractors. Sold several complete bolts over the past decade to folks with broken ones.

Magazines are a small bit more common. Back in the 70's Numrich Arms ended up with a bunch of new old stock ones when they bought out all the obsolete parts Marlin had warehoused which included some UD42 bits. That's the original source on those as well as the cherry shape stripped lowers that sometimes crop up at auction.

im done with space in my vault........getting ingenious to make another 1 or 10 fit at this point

the FA handgun on Subguns would have fit nicely

id pay $15-17 for a nice UD42......a very cool gun in my opinion....i think under priced for what it is...it should be priced at thompson pricing....parts is what kills the gun most likely..

some say its ugly...i think its attractive

a gun for some day in the future....if one pops up in 6 months you never know what ill do

thanks for showing the auction....gives me a good feel for what you can get for the $$

I paid 10k for a UD 42 about 20 years ago, 25k is probably a good price today. As mentioned, spare parts are nearly impossible to find, mags are expensive. However, I found a complete lower at SAR West for $275, of course, I bought it.

Shortly after I bought the gun I found a cache of 25 original magazines in an ad in the old Shotgun News. It was a gun shop in AZ that was going out of business, I bought all of them for $15.00 each. Some were new in the box. I sold most of the mags kept what I needed.

Very nice SMG to shoot, smooth and quite accurate due to its weight. There are transferable UDs out there just be vigilant. When looking for "the" right machine gun, patience is a virtue, cash a necessity.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

We used to have one as a Pre May. Had a chance to purchase a transferable at the same time as a package deal. Oh well. The Pre May eventually went as part of a trade to Dan Shea for his reference library.

Purchased some double magazines from Frank Iannamico years ago. Great shooter. Good luck in the search...

Some photos...

post-237-0-37416800-1514864338_thumb.jpg

post-237-0-95362300-1514864411_thumb.jpg

post-237-0-69835100-1514864440_thumb.jpg

post-237-0-72817000-1514864539_thumb.jpg

not in any hurry....ive never seen either for sale....but seeing that FA pocket pistol recently listed made me think about it......

ive really got every category of gun covered...im just reaching for odd things at this point to spend future money........hopefully new Mac uppers will continue and give me new things to collect...

Awesome broom handle by the way....im told they come up 2-3x a year for approx $15k...i have yet to notice one come up though....but i have not focused on them....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...