1927 A1 firing pin issue

I bought my '27 in Jan and have run several thousand rounds through it. During a recent trip to the range, the extractor broke, resulting in a second round impacting the brass and breaking the firing pin. No sweat, I'll order them and be done with it. First off, the stock extractor was installed with a roll pin, causing a weak point causing the break. Removed the roll pin and installed the extractor without it. Installed the new firing pin, but after reassembly the firing pin remains hung up on the sear, and I can't take down the gun to perform mods to make it work right.

Q: How do I get the firing pin to release to the "fired" position to take it down without damaging anything? Don't say "Pull the trigger", that doesn't do anything. I need to file the contact point.

Edited by 68coupe

dan block has the remedy for this. I replaced mine but had to file a bit off the bottom of the firing pin that connects with the sear. very simple operation .go slow!! if im not mistaken you can remove the safety lever and get through the hole with a small screwdriver to push down on the sear or lift up on the pin. you can find the information here in the forum . you also need to look at how we stake the extractor . I did mine and it runs great.