Yugo M49 w/ Stemple Tube

huggytree

just curious if anyone owns one or has shot one?

ive got an opportunity to purchase this gun and am considering it. semi/seriously

ive got many more pics to get and a video of it running

ive never seen one until today and only heard one existed last week.

its registered as a 75/45 (not a 76/45)

the mag release looks broken? or does it fold over like that? i see stemple messed with the spring plunger since its not sticking out the back. The initial price offered isnt far off of what id offer. It will need a refinish as its got some minor surface rust from other pics i have.

comes with a 7.62x25 and 9mm barrel...not sure how easy they are to change out??

hoping one of you has knowledge of this stemple toy to share?

vTZOoph.jpg

There are a few registered remanufactured Yugo 49s around, some made prior to the ‘86 ban and others made up using registered tubes. They are solid durable guns. Stemple’s work was generally very good so no problem there. The 49s are an interesting variation on the PPSh theme without the historic context of the Russian guns. I have handled a couple but never shot one tho I can’t imagine it is any different than the Russian SMGs of which I examples. Price seems good. FWIW

I got some more close ups on this gun. It sounds like some estate sale and might not be a function test or even a mag to go with it. All the pics show light surface rust

so a refinish would have to be included in the price. Some of the pics look like pitting may be starting in at/below the wood line, so im waiting for a dissembled pic of the gun and pics down the bore of both barrels before id make an offer.

rear sight is very crudely put on. My other Stemples show more care

JEWWmYU.jpg

VNzef8Q.jpg