What Variant Of The Bm-59 Rifle Do You Have?

Pete

Which variant do you have or had? I have a, I believe, parts kit one. Wife went to a gun show and bought it. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif She was so proud and I was so http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/huh.gif happy. I couldn't find any import marks or anything. Anyway, I kept it and it shoots okay but I still need a front magazine ferrule bushing. (Suggested by someone by the old board here) But what variant/model do you own or had. I am so jealous. (I hope to win the lotto and buy one of everything.) http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif THANKS IN ADVANCE and HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU ALL!!!

There are so many varieties, I would like to find out just how many varieties there are! Hope some of the folk who respond to this come up with some of the scarcer versions.

I have the Standard Ital Model, marked with the Beretta markings on the heel and Springfield Armory markings on the left side. I also have a Nigerian on lay-a-way at Reese that's about paid off. Was hoping to get it this month.

I'd like some feedback on what are all the varieties. The varieties can be confusing themselves, given that some were made (assembled) by Springfield Armory, Inc. (SA, Inc), while others may have been made from the real Springfield's reworked Garands and marked as such. Looking at old ads for them can be confusing as well, sometimes S.A, Inc would call the Standard version the "wood stocked Alpine" and sometimes they seperate the folding stock Alpini from the Para.

Some of the SA, Inc. versions are marked Beretta on the heel, some are only marked with SA. Inc. markings.

And what's the difference between the "Gold Rush" model and the Golden State Arms model? Are these the same? The old Gun Digests (73 and 74) lists the Gold Rush BM69 as an import. Is that true?

Some Golden State/Santa Fe versions are marked "Licensed By Beretta" and some are not. Is there a difference in these?

Then there are, I hear, both the Berben and Benet imports, BM62's.

Those companies that have made or imported them also include National Ordinance and Federal Ordinance.

And someone told me the real ones, I assume select fire, that were imported before the '68 GCA had flash hiders/breaks on the end as big as pop cans. Anyone seen one of those?

As a collector and shooter of BM59's/62's (never owned a BM69), I can only echo Boeboe's comments as to the variety of these weapons. We certainly need to develop an all-inclusive type classification system for these rifles. A starting point would seem to be:

Beretta Military Contract Rifles And Conversions (Italy, Morocco, etc.)

U S Full Autos(RSI, SA Inc, and others?)

Springfield Armory Inc(All Reese imports)

Beretta Imports(BM59, BM69/Benet, BM62/Berben)

U S Copies/Imports(Golden State/Santa Fe, Nat Ord, Fed Ord, Bland, etc.)

Do these five categories cover the subject? Do we need any additions? The real fun will begin as we list the specific rifle types in each category.

I currently own a Berben 62 dressed in a Nigerian stock and a Springfield Armory import marked as a BM62 which is in paratrooper configuration. There is nothing better at a range than firing a Tricompensator equipped rifle.

MRJ