Anyone Need a Kit?

i dont trust the big auction houses...ive heard of several people who got junk/non functional costing thousands to fix...ive got enough problems with quality buying it the way i do...ill wait until one shows up somewhere.....between a ud42 and a mp34 solothurn

Maybe make an effort to inspect the MG before auction... Ever consider that option? John Keene is looking it over I'm sure and his evaluation have been very accurate for everything I've bought. I have even fully relied upon his descriptions and a simple conversation to make bids with results I've never be unhappy with.

Efforts provide result, I've found over the years. Rarely does a nice NFA item just fall into your arms.

PTRS

That sounds like a very difficult approach if NFA items aren't near by. Hopefully one day, one will show up? I've seen only 4 transferable one since the late 80's. The largest selection were out of Beckley, WV PD @ KC.. Can't remember if they were pre samples or not... They're rare like AuStens, Owens if real and not tube guns... Did you succeed on the Norrell tube gun you asked about?

I think I recall three UD-42 transferables for sale in about the last 5 years at auction and one or two other private sales. One was 3-4 weeks ago. I've bid on all of them, but not been successful yet. Indeed, going to an auction house is a commitment that even I don't do. Fact is I'm generally at work during the auction and work right thru. I've driven to RIA once and sat in. Good learning experience though, but once was enough for me until I retire and look at it as a destination. I do request additional pics occasionally and that tells the story for me, more so than any verbal description I've ever gotten.

Indeed, good collections require a LOT of effort to build. I'll second, Rory is a stand up guy which helps to sell a gun.

I got the gun from Centunrion in today and it is very nice! I'm quite pleased. Had one of my guys send me detailed images. It is nicer that the current one in the collection.

These guns are by far one of the nicest 9 mm subguns I've ever owned. The only one I feel is possibly better is the Swedish K.

added internal bolt image...and bore image... BTW 41 not any induction of a dewat on the gun. It all matches and I'd say the finish is 94-95 % original. I'd say it was a good buy!

Charlie

PTRS

IMG_2932_01.jpg

567114262.jpg

IMG_2930.jpg

Edited by PTRS-14.5

Looks nicer in your pics than it did in the auction pics? I had concerns about the chamber/bolt from the pic they showed of the weld discoloration on the bottom, and they didn't show that, but it looks great. I either owe you an apology for bidding it up, or you owe me thanks for not bidding it higher? LOL

• 2 weeks later...