Thompson in French 'Cours d'armement d'infanterie'

While reading through a back copy of the French magazine 'Gazette des Armes' that I recently bought on eBay, I noticed a photo of a French manual in an article about P08 lugers being produced during the French occupation of the Mauser Factory in 1945/46. The manual is titled “Cours d'armement d'infanterie. Les pistolets et pistolets-mitrailleurs français et étrangers. Fascicule 1”, dated 1947.

By chance, I found a copy of the manual listed on the French eBay site the other day, and when it arrived in the mail today, I found inside there are, as well as a few pages on the P08 Luger, and a lot of other pistols and a few SMGs, four pages on the ‘Pistolets-mitrailleurs Thompson 11mm’, with a couple of nice diagrams., see below.

Cours d'armements d'Infantrie Cover.jpg Cours d'armement d'infanterie Contents.jpg

Pistolet Mitrailleur Thompson 1.jpg Pistolet Mitrailleur Thompson 2.jpg

It is a nice addition to my collection.

Stay safe

Richard

Edited by rpbcps

Richard,

Mine is dated 1952, so yours is an earlier version, and a new version to me. I think that's the third time this month!

Thanks!

David

David,

Out of all the members on the forum, I thougth you would have an example of this manual :happy:

My collection will catch up wth yours, one of these days, with a little help from our colleagues on this forum.

Stay safe

Richard