Thompson 10mm/.45 Parts Interchangeability?

I've picked up a Thompson barreled receiver in 10mm Auto and want to get it up and running. Will most .45 parts work with the 10mm? I figure I'll need a 10mm bolt, but what else is 10mm specific? This is my first Thompson so any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Edited by NordicG3K

The left side of the receiver is marked:

MODEL OF 1927-A1

Below that is the serial number. To the right of this it says:

THOMPSON SEMI-AUTOMATIC CARBINE

10MM AUTOMATIC CARTRIDGE

On the right side of the receiver the roll-mark reads:

AUTO-ORDNANCE CORPORATION

WEST HURLEY, NEW YORK, U.S.A.

To the left of this is two rows of patent numbers. On the top of the receiver in front of the rear sight is the Auto-Ordnance stamp.

I know there were a limited number built in the late 80's (I believe) at the request of the FBI. They were switching to the 10mm and were looking into the feasibility of a common-caliber subgun to compliment their S&W 1076s. The feds eventually opted for an Heckler & Koch MP5-10.

The story on this particular gun is that the original owner disassembled the gun and the other parts were misplaced. The gentleman passed away and the barreled receiver was then sold at an estate sale.

How difficult would be to have a custom 10mm bolt made? Any ideas on cost? Like I mentioned, this is my first Thompson so it's all new to me.

Thanks for the info guys. I've already checked with Numrich and they're out of everything that's specifically 10mm. The bolt was the biggest hurdle though and so if that's easily modified then it sounds like I'm okay. As the mags are dual-feed in design I should be able to modify the feed lips. Now all I need is money! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif