50 Round Drums at Sarco?

Seems like a lot of people like these repop drums, at their price point seems pretty decent for what they are. My question is do they need to be "greased" inside or are they good to go from the box?, I have no idea on how to grease the internals of a Tommy gun drum LOL

That is a good one.... With all going on now t.p. hoarders water and canned spam........And places actually going out of business or shut down for awhile we gotta get that Sarco drum....Lucky that Sarco moved over to Pa. you won't get no Jersey germs in the box.I feel bad for all those Thompson on the restoration shelfs They may get shipped back to owners who are no longer around.I know a guy who has a giant collection for sale now parts kits, guns, a nice pile $150 grand cash gets it all.RON K.

FYI- The Sarco retail store in Pa is closed due to the virus. But the Sarco mail order side is open and processing orders. I placed an order just the other day and already have the tracking number.

Timkel, thank you so much for the reply and info! :)

Greasing is certainly not required although in the long term it is not a bad idea to insure the longevity of the drum. It is easy enough to do with a greasing tool.

Greasing is certainly not required although in the long term it is not a bad idea to insure the longevity of the drum. It is easy enough to do with a greasing tool.

Do you feel like adding a greasing tool to your repertoire? It would nicely compliment your excellent mag lip restoration tool! :)

Do you feel like adding a greasing tool to your repertoire? It would nicely compliment your excellent mag lip restoration tool! :)

Actually I did fabricate a drum greasing tool a little while ago. I would post a picture if I could remember how. Suffice to say it worked well and was machined from aluminum bar stock.

This is a drum greasing tool I fabricated for my drums. Made from aluminum bar stock.

post-261606-0-53867200-1585409824_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tiz

Tiz, how does it work ?

Works well. Gets the job done. Of course greasing a drum is certainly not rocket science, it is a relatively easy thing to do as long as you have a fixture to force the grease into the drum similar to the one I made for myself.

Edited by Tiz

Do you plan on making another run of those for greasing the drum?

Presently I am pretty much tied up making my Magazine Feed Lip Repair tools. I have quite a few orders to fill. Once I get caught up on those I will be able to make some drum greasing tools if there is an interest. I will keep everyone posted. Thanks and stay safe.

Edited by Tiz

I have a Sarco drum and I greased it -- can't hurt and I'm paranoid about malfunction. There is a post on here somewhere about making a greasing tool from a pipe cap, hose washer and c-clamp. I made my own and it's pretty easy if you can drill and tap a hole.

KM

Hi Tiz!

When you are caught up with the magazine tools, put me down for a drum magazine grease tool. I know it appears straight forward, but you seem to have a gift for fabrication and I am pleased with your magazine tool!

BTW...if it’s marked “5 & 10” I want number 15 to match my magazine tool.

Stay safe!

Roger that AutoRotate. The 5 & 10 is my trademark logo for the tools since I owned and operated a 5 & 10 variety store for over 20 years. I trust you remember what a 5 & 10 was.

Roger that AutoRotate. The 5 & 10 is my trademark logo for the tools since I owned and operated a 5 & 10 variety store for over 20 years. I trust you remember what a 5 & 10 was.

Where I grew up, they were called a "Five and Dime" or just a "Dime Store". Different colloquialisms in different parts of the country. I once worked with a lady who came from the so-called "Pennsylvania Dutch" area of Pennsylvania. She said they had lots of local speech that was unlike the rest of the U.S. The one example I remember is she said they called rubber bands "gum bands", as in gum rubber, I guess.

That's not just the Pennsylvania Dutch... they say that near Pittsburgh as well. And many other interesting phrases/terms:

pop: soda

red up: clean up

younz: you ones

run the sweeper: vacuum

jag off:

Where I grew up, they were called a "Five and Dime" or just a "Dime Store". Different colloquialisms in different parts of the country. I once worked with a lady who came from the so-called "Pennsylvania Dutch" area of Pennsylvania. She said they had lots of local speech that was unlike the rest of the U.S. The one example I remember is she said they called rubber bands "gum bands", as in gum rubber, I guess.

You are correct on the gum bands. And Five and Dime is correct as well. The 5 & 10 was for 5 cent & 10 cent items therefor Five and Dime. In PA we call a small stream a "run". And a "jagoff"is a person who is stupid, inept, and irritating. We also call thorn bushes, jager bushes. Remember the band "The Jaggerz" from Pittsburgh,PA. Lots of strange language here in PA.

Edited by Tiz

That's not just the Pennsylvania Dutch... they say that near Pittsburgh as well. And many other interesting phrases/terms:

jag off: <PG13>

All those and more, I use them everyday.

• Upvote 1

All those and more, I use them everyday.

My cousin from Pittsburgh once asked me for a gumband.

Finally figured out what she was talking about.

jag off:

in my part of PA

<PG7> in my part of PA