Vehicle Mount

I might have a lead on one. What would be a fair price. Here is what it looks like. Actually I was hoping it was a motorcycle mount. But is it for a Thompson or just any gun? Any body have any idea?

20180220_175030_resized.jpg

20180220_175035_resized.jpg

Edited by ppgcowboy

When I first saw the article it just said Vehicle mount, might have the lead on one whats the fair value (no photos) so I had no idea what mount you may have a lead on :-).

My mind wanted to to be an original motorcycle mount from the 30s.

Agree it looks like the mount for inside a halftrack. No idea on price. $200 is probably ok if you really want one, but I doubt its a screaming deal. Not much of a market, I would guess.

Ron

Forum member, Billatlanta, informed me back in 2012, when I originally posted some photos of my TSMG vehicle frame, that my frame and case was the standard issue for the early half tracks, (two per half track), adding the frame is clearly listed in parts book.

http://www.machinegunboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14833&hl=%2Bnew+%2Badditions

P1080849.JPG DSC_0145.JPG

Stay safe

Richard

Ppgcowboy,

If its original thats an ok deal maybe a bit high. They do make repro versions of this and the box that has this bracket setup on it and holds around 21 mags. It would be a bit high in my opinion if reproduction. Dan