Can Anyone Give Me A Reliable Source For Mags ?

refer to the FAQ section of the board, it contains a list of on line places to buy/see all kinds of thompson as well as non thompson stuff.

i just picked up a few XX's from sportsman's guide they had XXX's listed as well.

I got three of them in the other day from SG. Two in very good shape, the other, one with soldered holes, was a bit battered. I haven't used them in the gun yet. Tomorrow. Unless i get off my lazy backside and do some hunting.

I used to live in MA. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gif

Sorry to hear that, i didn't have any trouble with the XX mags I got off SG when I tested them this weekend. The soldered one won't trip the hold open after the last round, but I can live with that.

Thanks PK!! I reckon its nearly 200 rounds now and no trouble from the pawl.

good luck with northridge.

i have a 1911 mag pouch(along with 2 mags) on order from them.

if i remeber, i think i ordered the stuff like 4 or 5 weeks ago. from what they said lsat week, i should have it this week. however i heard that before as well.....

I ordered a couple of mag catches and 6 mags from Northridge a month ago. Talked to a guy named Ben, who told me they carried NOS GI mags.

The mag catches appeared NOS GI, but the mags definitely weren't. Three were nicely parkerized, but obviously refinished, and one had some sort of scuzzy flat black parkerized type finish. The last two were blued, but with plenty of scratches & dents.

I called them and they said to return them and they'd either send me "excellent" mags or a refund. It's been 2-3 weeks, and I haven't heard from them.

thanks for all the help.......I was just about to tell Northridge to ship overnight..when the woman taking the order said "you should receive them in 3-4 wekks"...I thought she was joking...I guess I have to wait... the 2 other places I tried wouldn't ship to this state...I get pre- ban ar-15 30 rounders all the time .. who knows??....If anyone knows of anywhere else I should try let me know

The week end guns shows always pay off best for me.You can find them in all kinds of condition and from $5-$25 bucks each. I picked up a XX last week end for $10 in good shape. Got several xxx mags in wrappers for $20 each.

The Northridge mags arrived today, and they are o.k. Various manufacturers, slightly used, but excellent condition. Apparently packed some time ago for long-term storage. I had orderd 6. I received one loose mag and five in a special package. It was heavy plastic lined with several layers of tin foil.