WTS: Buttstock with Extras

Hello Guys,

I have a Savage Buttstock this is all NOS and it comes with the Swivel Assembly with "Y" mark stamped on it and screw kit (Not pictured) and Butt Stock Screw Kit (Not Pictured)(No Butt Plate Included). I want $100.00 dollars or best offer plus shipping and you pay 3% Credit Card Fee.

Savage Buttstock01.JPG
Savage Buttstock04.JPG
Swivel Assembly02.JPG
Swivel Assembly01.JPG

Please send me a PM if you are interested in making a purchase. I did get permission from David. Thank you.

No longer for Sale.

Edited by mbc230

• 3 weeks later...

No offense, but we need some perspective here. The barrel you are selling is not

MINT/New Old Stock. It is a USED barrel that somehow ended up dipped in cosmolene

and wrapped. Who knows when or by whom. Why do I say it is used? 1) the boss of the

barrel has the half circle indent from the pin that holds the compensator. New/MINT barrels

have not yet been fitted with compensators and do not have this half circle cut. 2) The rear

end of the barrel has a battered and peened shoulder - almost as if someone peened it all

the way around. Perhaps to try to make it tighter on a gun. 3) The bluing is scarred and

missing from the barrel threads. The close up of the P shows almost no bluing at all.

4) As mentioned in another post here the punch mark is put in the middle of the P after the

barrel is fitted to a gun and test fired.

Here is what a degreased MINT/NOS barrel (smooth, not finned) looks like:

Bob

IMG_0311.JPG

No offense, but we need some perspective here. The barrel you are selling is not

MINT/New Old Stock. It is a USED barrel that somehow ended up dipped in cosmolene

and wrapped. Who knows when or by whom. Why do I say it is used? 1) the boss of the

barrel has the half circle indent from the pin that holds the compensator. New/MINT barrels

have not yet been fitted with compensators and do not have this half circle cut. 2) The rear

end of the barrel has a battered and peened shoulder - almost as if someone peened it all

the way around. Perhaps to try to make it tighter on a gun. 3) The bluing is scarred and

missing from the barrel threads. The close up of the P shows almost no bluing at all.

4) As mentioned in another post here the punch mark is put in the middle of the P after the

barrel is fitted to a gun and test fired.

Here is what a degreased MINT/NOS barrel (smooth, not finned) looks like:

Bob

First of all I will politely disagree with your assumption. The whole barrel is covered in cosmoline. I do not know how someone can redip it and pass it off as a used barrel. I have done some research on this and based on what I see it looks pretty good. I pulled some of the cosmoline off of it to get the pictures of the markings. On the threads there is cosmoline all over them so again I do not know how you come to these conclusions. The threads on the barrel look great to me. Maybe it was test fired before it was covered in cosmoline at the factory. I do not know all the facts, but I have a strong feeling it is NOS. I bought it this way and no longer need it. How do I know your barrel is not NOS? It is all based on assumption and not facts hence the reason I need to research things before I know. Thank you.

Edited by mbc230

There is no doubt that the barrel was fitted to a TSMG at one time. In your first photo, the barrel boss threads have a groove from a Cutts Compensator Pin, showing that a Cutts was previously installed as Bob mentioned. A NOS Factory Barrel would not have had a Cutts fitted and removed. Serviceable used parts were often packed in cosmoline by many countries post war. Also, there have been unscrupulous individuals in the past that would dress up used parts in cosmoline and wrap to appear NOS.

1B5B7155-21D9-4588-BF77-62810BACFD36.jpeg

Oh you guys mean like the vendors who sold ww2 blued mags used with some light dings and rust and wrapped them in brown wrap drenched in cosmo that you could buy in five gallon cans at one time and sell as new unissued, {and guys kept ten or twenty }like that ratholed away and later opened a few and mudder effer i got ripped off. used mags sold as new never issued, same deal with Greasegun mags wrapped in Grease. blue and parked cond. the ones Gary sold out of michigan was true new in wrap and grey sleeve cardboard. and the ones from Jerry Drasen. or as some know "Nesard" or whatever name he was going by before he sold his place to D S ARMS. Same thing has gone on with barrels and even Thompson frames. and even a few Lyman sites and rivets.

it is always buyer beware. so a 100% return refund is best for all parties today. this way a guy squawks send it back REFUND

it happened to me on a barrel here. Was not in Cosomoil but not Colt, full refund in order. As the decades went by many thing repacked redone and heck reblued and parked. that is never hard to figure out.RON K.

Now with all this being said I have removed the barrel from the listing until I can clean all the Cosmoline off of it. Did they not test fire any of these at the factory? I am just more of the school of thought and believe in evidence and not saying any of you are wrong, but I have come to terms that I need more evidence when buying or selling any of these items and I want to be sure I know what I have. I will relist it when I am 100% sure and based on what everyone has said it sounds to be a used barrel and I go with that until I can find out more. Thank you all.

Edited by mbc230

The guns may have been test fired before crating and shipping out, but NIW replacement barrels were never tested by firing, and will have no signs of installation, such as a witness mark on the breech end or a pin groove in the compensator threads.

If it has a pin groove in the front threads it's been on a gun. Possibly it is a new gun that was cut up for parts and if so, it's a "takeoff" barrel, but not a NOS. And as pointed out here, cosmoline doesnt make it new again, it just keeps it from rusting.

I didnt see the pics or ad for this barrel so can only relay what I know about the NOS, NIW and takeoff parts I have bought.

Edited by john