Navy Overstamp

A P.D. in my area has a Navy Overstamp. I went by to visit it yesterday and noticed it's barrel was bulged just in front of the comp. I have seen 3 bulged barrels in the last while. Is this common? and also how will it affect the value???

I don't know if it is common, but I'll bet the police department shot reloads or WWII surplus ammo in it over the years. It will certainily affect the collelectors value of the gun. A replacement Colt barrel, if you can find one, will run several hundred to a thousand dollars. The gun would be a good candidate for a Doug Richardson replacement barrel. His barrels resemble the Colt barrels pretty closely.

Sten guy--

When you examined my Thompson last time we went shooting, you noticed my barrel had a slight deformation toward the comp. Was that the same look as your PD's gun?

The bulge in your gun ( best I remember ) was more toward the fins. The P.D. gun was next to the comp... And I had to look twice to see it... They also have an A.O. 28 Bridgeport that has a nickle plated actuator selectors and trigger. I didn't like the looks of it at all....

Let me know when you want to go again Sgt. Hopefully P.K. will have my M1 done soon...