Reising Trigger Spring Question

Sauerpuss

Hello,

I am a new to this forum and recently purchased an M50. It was originally stamped Model 55 but the armorer stamped a 0 over the second 5. My question is pertaining to the spring that rides on the receiver under the trigger. Does the little plunger go inside the tube or does the plunger ride on the frame? i noticed the spring has dug a little groove in the receiver due to hardness differences and was wondering if the plunger was in backwards. Anyways love the forum, thanks.

In my experience, the plunger is not really necessary with the trigger since there is only a slight angle to the function of the spring as the trigger is rocked. The disconnector is quite narrow and although the lack of a plunger won't really affect the action, the plunger reduces the contact surfaces and reduces friction and preserves the straightness of the spring coils on the free end. The M6s that I've had in the shop for deactivation or repair are usually missing one of the plungers so I make new ones to assemble to the parts.It's a cute little part!

FWIW