Value Of A Thompson .22 Cal Drum

Just curious about the selling price of the 50 round drum for the WH .22 tommy. There are two for sale on Sturm for $750 ea. and I have seen one priced at $1,000.

Is 750 a realistic price on these drums? I have a .22 tommy with an AO marked drum and it just doesn't seem like the drum is worth that kind of money.

I am not going to sell my Thompson, and I am not interested in buying another drum. I was just amazed at the pricing, the magazine is worth more than the gun itself.

KJ

To someone with a full auto 22 this might be the only way to go- some say its hard to load the 30 mags at least the last 2 rounds. I don't know but it seems too much, more than a WWII drum for a 45 but there might not be many of the 22's laying around. I think if someone needs one there is one on Gunbroker that might end up being less money. I have an AM180 and a Norrell to get my 22 jones so I don't think much about getting one of the 22 Thompson's though I have thought hard about the Ceiner 22 kit but been moved by the opinion of others to avoid it with a WH gun.