My Capone Site Has Moved

Hello All,

Happy New Year to all.I finally took Damon's advice and got my own domain name and removed all pop-ups and advertising from my site.It's now found at

www.myalcaponemuseum.com

For those interested.

Please keep the thompson alive!!!! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Sincerely,

Mario

Thank-you Phil! Yes, but the city of Chicago is really down on gangsters.My friend held a convention there once and they do everything to dissuade the gangster past.

Another friend who does the Untouchable tours there told me the city did everything to f%&* him up from opening his business.

Any space there is $$$$$$ especially in the city.My little collection is mainly an online thing

I think for good business they should embrace the past good or bad.Guess they like Oprah better! Hey! she never handled a thompson! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif Al did.

QUOTE (chitowngangster @ Jan 8 2006, 01:32 PM)
Another friend who does the Untouchable tours there told me the city did everything to f%&* him up from opening his business.

Mario

Does your friend have a web site? A tour of the Chigago ganster sites would be very cool. It would be a neat weekend trip for the wife and I. If you have any info, please pass it on. Thanks.

QUOTE (Lancer @ Jan 8 2006, 01:41 PM)
QUOTE (chitowngangster @ Jan 8 2006, 01:32 PM)

Mario

Does your friend have a web site? A tour of the Chigago gangster sites would be very cool. It would be a neat weekend trip for the wife and I. If you have any info, please pass it on. Thanks.

Hello Lancer,

Yes, it's at Gangster tour

It's not a 100% historically accurate but fun nonetheless.It's unfortunate that Chicago keeps knocking down buildings.

Nick or Frank I got off my butt and finally made a donation (hope I did it right) since I figured you are both gracious in letting me occaisonally advertise gangster stuff here.Time to start the year off right.I encourage all the rest who never gave and even if you can't own a thompson to dig deep and give.

Got to keep this important historic gun and it's website alive.

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Mario

Edited by chitowngangster

Nice Site Mario! I know that Ellis sold off some Resin Thompson's some years back, that was used on the Untouchables. They looked like the real deal from a few feet away. Sometimes they show up on ebay, and the most I've seen one go was around $700.00. I think it was about 2 years ago when one of the Untouchables Baby Stroller's sold up on eBay. From my understanding, 2 were used. The later being the one with the holes.

Anyway, there was a Restaurant/Night Club there in Chicago by the name, I believe, Tommygun's Garage. Don't know whether it still exists or not.

QUOTE (LIONHART @ Jan 8 2006, 02:12 PM)
Nice Site Mario! I know that Ellis sold off some Resin Thompson's some years back, that was used on the Untouchables. They looked like they real deal from a few feet away. Sometimes they show up on ebay, and the most I've seen one go was around $700.00. I think it was about 2 years ago when one of the Untouchables Baby Stroller's sold up on eBay. From my understanding, 2 were used. The later being the one with the holes.
Anyway, there was a Restaurant/Night Club there in Chicago by the name, I believe, Tommygun's Garage. Don't know whether it still exists or not.

Lionhart ,

Tommy gun's has moved ,but is still in Chicago.A lot of fun!Go there every time I hit Chitown

Tommy gun's garage

Yes, two strollers were used in the movie.Can't wait for the prequel of that movie to come out.

Many resin thompsons and even rubber guns were used for that movie.Some showed up on evilbay. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif

Mario

QUOTE (Ron Mills @ Jan 8 2006, 04:21 PM)
Very true, Chicago plays down the gangster image. A friend of mine has worked at Tommy Guns' Garage for years, as a flapper girl. They still do a good biz I guess. Mayor Daley won't let go of the Chicago P.D. Thompsons that are rotting in a storage situation. Not even letting them go to a museum. "There they shall remain" were his words, I believe. GI Jive has done an article on those guns. Anyway, very nice site, Mario.

Yes, there are still gangsters in Chicago. Pick any club on Rush Street; they're there...wink! As a musician, I just keep my head down and "don't remember a thing" upon leaving the joint.

ron i did the story on the chicago gun's and chuck supplied the pic's.it's in one of the thompson newsletter's..after my mom passed today. i think i will name a tommy after her.

she fought the good fight for 5 month's in chicago..

and she loved gangster history,she worked with a few.and had alot of there personal phone number's. anyway enough for now.this is sombody else's post. thanks ron

QUOTE (colt21a @ Jan 8 2006, 06:47 PM)
QUOTE (Ron Mills @ Jan 8 2006, 04:21 PM)
Very true, Chicago plays down the gangster image.  A friend of mine has worked at Tommy Guns' Garage for years, as a flapper girl.  They still do a good biz I guess.  Mayor Daley won't let go of the Chicago P.D. Thompsons that are rotting in a storage situation.  Not even letting them go to a museum.  "There they shall remain" were his words, I believe.  GI Jive has done an article on those guns.  Anyway, very nice site, Mario.   

Yes, there are still gangsters in Chicago.  Pick any club on Rush Street; they're there...wink!  As a musician, I just keep my head down and "don't remember a thing" upon leaving the joint.

ron i did the story on the chicago gun's and chuck supplied the pic's.it's in one of the thompson newsletter's..after my mom passed today. i think i will name a tommy after her.

she fought the good fight for 5 month's in chicago..

and she loved gangster history,she worked with a few.and had alot of there personal phone number's. anyway enough for now.this is sombody else's post. thanks ron

Ah heck Ron!! (colt21a)I look up to you so my post is your post.I love to read all your posts.Nothing beats experience.You set me straight for the Hymie Weiss death gun so I appreciate that.

Sincerely. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Mario

Chitowngangster-

That is a great site. Thank you!!!

Have you ever been to Al Capone's "hideout" in Hayward WI??

It is kind of cool, to see where Scarface slept, and had booze flown in from Canada.

I heard the hideout was for sale a few years ago....the asking price was well into the millions.

Chris

QUOTE (HK91 @ Jan 8 2006, 11:00 PM)
Chitowngangster-

That is a great site. Thank you!!!

Have you ever been to Al Capone's "hideout" in Hayward WI??

It is kind of cool, to see where Scarface slept, and had booze flown in from Canada.

I heard the hideout was for sale a few years ago....the asking price was well into the millions.

Chris

Chris, thank-you for the nice comments.No unfortunately I haven't made my way to Wisconsin yet.Heard in was up in the millions also.Wonder if it sold and if they are still running the place?I'll have to check it out. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Best regards,

Mario