Hyman S. Lebman, Gunsmith To The Outlaws

Ammo is available, I got some from Buffalo Arms or someone like that. JimC, CJL, Machine Mike or someone will know, I'm to lazy to go upstairs to look right now ( just had knee surgery = to many birthday candles I guess. ) .

Nelson would be rolling over in his grave if he knew you've never fired an 07, OR a Colt Mini .

Maybe these pictures will get your juices flowing, #5487 needs some little friends-

OCM

DSCN8373.JPG

DSCN8013.JPG

CC

Precision Cartridge Inc., 940 Georgia Street, Hobart, Indiana. ( 219) 942-2400, WWW.Precisioncartridge.com . 351 Win Self-Loading 180GR

Here's one source or used to be

OCM

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Lebman Winchester 07, what it might of looked like, found & photographed in St Paul, MN. in December, 1948 . " Gun was found in the crawl space of retired Captain " Swede" Walker's home on Lincoln Ave. Captain Walker was retired from the Pima County Sheriff's Department, Tucson, Az . "

Lebman 07, 1948.jpg

Is this real?

Gun is real ( should say, Lebman copy) , story is novel, but fun.

Hacksaw... You're missing out.

Edited by OCM

Nelson's Lebman built Colt Mini as it might looked like found stuck under a drawer in 1955, by Etta Mayfield living at 1243 Sycamore Ave, Barrington, Ill.

Captain Chuck Kruger, Barrington PD said, " the gun looked like it's been there for many years, possibly tied to the gangster shootout in 1934 involving Baby Face Nelson and his gang "

Nelson-Lebman Colt Mini.jpg

Edited by OCM

• 6 months later...

Update*

I finally found a nice, older rock island 1911 for a decent price ( has very small removable banner on the slide)

Now to order new form 1's and FP cards and get this out of the way. Going SBR route so I can use a quick detach stock too VS just the foregrip.

Finally, Hacksaw, I knew you'd come thru.

• 1 month later...

This would have been one of those questions for Sandy ...

Alas, someone else might be able to answer. How much does a converted Lebman pistol or carbine weigh, empty? That is what does the compand grip add to the Colt, and what the comp and handguard to the Winchester? I know some of you have replicas that are fairly close to the original and might be able to check. Many thanks!

Cheers

HANS