Recoil Spring Issue

I hereby will refer to Mr. Janowski as Santa Dave!

Many. many thanks, Zamm

P.S. SGt., That has got to be one of the all time best films ever!!

Something PK said has been bouncing around in my head and I need more input from someone more knowledgeable than myself

You can’t compare spring rates/loads between the m1 and 27a1 because the m1 has a much heavier bolt than the 27a1.

Will an M1 bolt work or can it be modified to work in a 1927 ?

Would using the heavier bolt assembly (providing it will work) buffer and springs from an M1 accomplish easier weapon cocking also?

The only downside I can see at the moment is the need for a GI bolt

A M1 bolt WILL fit the cavity with modification you must remove .100 off the bottom of the bot, then re shape ot to match factory specifications, but it can only be used as a post sample conversion!

The Richardson gun I just finished is a 192M it is the 28/21 style receiver with the use of an M1 bolt it works great!

Dave

My early made WH 27A1 (S/N: 4XXX) seems to have been made with an actual M1 (or M1A1) bolt. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif

Looking at the bottom of the bolt, I can see what is left of the full-auto sear "catch notch" in the bottom of it. There is barely any of the "notch" left. The bolt was then milled out for the floating firing pin to fit. Also, the insets were milled to trip the disconector.

Can anyone verify that early WH 27A1's were made with modified M1A1 bolts? http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif

Norm