it's too bad

It's too bad, that you can't import Thompson's from Canada to the US. I have found 2 in the last 2 weeks for sale here in Canada for under 2000.00. Both are full auto, what we call 12(2) classification, both of them are M1A1 and I found a 1928 A1 for 2500.00

Last years an importer I know found a good number of US M1A1 Thompsons over in Europe.
They were from a border Police department arms room.
The entire shipment was offered to APEX, and I saw pictures of them before they were demilled into parts kits.
I wanted the lot, but we were after the inventory of Omega Weapons at that time and could not swing both purchases.
Another on-line retailer still has the kits to offer.
Lots and lots of machine guns of all types overseas, none can be imported as functioning weapons, we cannot even bring in the barrels.
There is LOTS of US material that no one can obtain import permits for because of a variety of reasons.

Below is pictures of what eventually happens to material a country doesn't want and cannot sell...

Richard

post-258486-0-96408600-1581659139_thumb.jpg

post-258486-0-47830700-1581659151_thumb.jpg

Edited by APEXgunparts

Couldn't you partner with another vendor, or refer them to your counterpart vendor? I know they may be considered a competitor however it would be better for the hobby overall

Last years an importer I know found a good number of US M1A1 Thompsons over in Europe.
They were from a border Police department arms room.
The entire shipment was offered to APEX, and I saw pictures of them before they were demilled into parts kits.
I wanted the lot, but we were after the inventory of Omega Weapons at that time and could not swing both purchases.
Another on-line retailer still has the kits to offer.
Lots and lots of machine guns of all types overseas, none can be imported as functioning weapons, we cannot even bring in the barrels.
There is LOTS of US material that no one can obtain import permits for because of a variety of reasons.

Below is pictures of what eventually happens to material a country doesn't want and cannot sell...

Richard