Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:31 AM

Good to know.  Thanks for posting this.

#42 Got Uzi

Got Uzi

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 710 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 03:51 AM

I love the Gold Vault! They even have a sign on the front desk saying they have clothes for cleaning guns. I want to sit in the lobby cleaning my M3 and M16 to see what theyd say lol

#43 Ron Mills

Ron Mills

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1348 posts
  • Interests:All Thompson models and accessories

Posted 19 September 2018 - 06:20 PM

What's in the cases? Possible smart arse responses.....1) Why it's a portable meth lab. 2) Cocaine and cash, just waiting on the hookers. 3) Film making equipment, plastic sheets, and lots of lubricant... some friends and I are going to have a little party later and you are welcome to stop by the room when you are finished with your shift. 4) Machine guns....no, er um, no machine guns whatsoever, is what I meant to say! 5) (speaking to one of the cases) Look, another nosey person who wants to join the rest of you. Seriously though, when I transport MG's, (including bringing them into my hotel room through the front lobby), I always keep them in a nondescript, inconspicuous case. Plastic golf club bag transport case, suit case, tennis racket bags, duffle bag (usually in the Hello Kitty scheme), camping gear containers, non gun related cardboard box, etc. Except for the lobby of the Gold Vault Inn near Knob Creek. We just walk right through the lobby machine guns in hand :)

HA!  Brilliant.  All great.  Goodwill stores are a great source for $5 suitcases, bags, etc.  I've hauled gear of all sorts with sturdy cases/bags from there.  

NFA Amnesty, good on you too for your plan too.  Whatever it takes to just go about your own bidness and hey, shouldn't that desk clerk be checking the perimeter cameras, thwarting ice machine thieves, etc.?  

Edited by Ron Mills, 19 September 2018 - 06:22 PM.

#44 johnsonlmg41

johnsonlmg41

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 622 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 06:42 PM

I love the Gold Vault! They even have a sign on the front desk saying they have clothes for cleaning guns. I want to sit in the lobby cleaning my M3 and M16 to see what theyd say lol

That policy changed after their towels took such a beating years back they opted for clothes.  There is at least one other place that does it as well.   I doubt they will let you clean your stuff in the lobby, that's only for clean guns!  Dirty stuff back out to the lot until it's nice enough to bring in.

#45 Got Uzi

Got Uzi

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 710 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 06:51 PM

I really really really want to sit in the lobby with a SubGun scattered across that table, getting it ready for use at the Creek ROFLMAO

#46 Junkhunter

Junkhunter

• Regular Group
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:15 PM

Just going off memory.... I believe in Ohio any rented house, room, apartment or hotel is considered your home for length of contract and you are entitled to any right you would have in your personal residence.

#47 Sandman1957

Sandman1957

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1014 posts
  • Interests:Submachinegun NFA collecting
    History
    Scuba Diving
    Hunting

Posted 20 September 2018 - 01:20 PM

Recommend a letter from the TCA, TATA, and the local TUSCA Gun Club, that they are being removed from your list of recommended places to stay with a CC to the Corporate office could get their attention.  Also a letter to the editor of the local paper would be in order.  Most likely alot of folks would not stay there anymore.  

Vote with your wallet.

Cheers,

Sandman1957 

#48 TM76

TM76

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Riding my Harley ,Traveling, Shooting my Tommy Gun, Target shooting, Teaching my kids,grandkids safety with firearms.

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:56 PM

I think we all learn about Holiday Inn & what there capably of doing to a law-abiding person who is minding his own business .

They even gave him a hard time giving his money back for the room .

TM    

#49 newtommygunner

newtommygunner

• Board Benefactor
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:guns, boats, ultralights, girls, horses, old cars

Posted 25 September 2018 - 08:02 AM

Sorry to hear it. Jack, glad you got your money back.

#50 wwiifirearms

wwiifirearms

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Military Guns(WWII and earlier)<br />National Match Shooting<br />Jeeps (WWII and modern off-road)<br />Boats<br />Cannons<br />Tanks (someday)<br />Flamethrowers(someday)

Posted 02 October 2018 - 12:28 AM

The Holiday Inn at the Roberts Center hosts the Ohio Gun Collectors Association for 6 events a year.

#51 Got Uzi

Got Uzi

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 710 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 03:45 AM

That Holiday Inn knows what side of their bread is buttered by gun owners

#52 RoscoeTurner

RoscoeTurner

Respected Member

• 2972 posts
  • Interests:WWII Military Thompsons
    WWII Browning Automatic Rifles
    Russian M1910 Maxims
    Vickers
    01/SOT

Posted 07 October 2018 - 12:23 PM

Interesting NYT article posted today.  Reads more like a hit piece on Trump but that is expected.

https://www.msn.com/...s-do/ar-BBO35S9