Registered Reisings out there ?

fartsalot

• 2 weeks later...

No clue...but I do remember a story that circulated about Numerich buying 5 H&R Warehouses, then finding crates of Reisings that were made for the Marines and returned by the Government...around 5K was the number. The bulk of them were supposedly sold for years by Ohio Ordinance???

Anybody else remember this story or myth?

I know they were sold or handed out to police agency's around the country and prisons. Mine was used for security at a B25 bomber MFg location during the war and then transferred to the local Sheriff in the county where the bombers were made. I would think most are in private hands as X department firearms like mine is, resulting in not many Reisings in existence. In the mid 80s there was a NFA dealer that I purchased reloaded ammo from, I came over to his place to buy ammo and he had just gotten back from I think it was PA ( I forgot what state it was) and he had two pickup trucks full of Reisings in their factory cases. He purchased the entire inventory of Reisings from the State that were issued to their Highway Patrol units. He complained to me that there was one State that he had to drive around it due to his inventory or MGs,,,, He was proud that he got the cases with the guns because he said he could sell them for 150 or 200 bucks each separate of the guns. The Resings back then were dirt cheap compared to now days. He had lots of neat MG stuff Thompsons with drum mags and German MP40s M3s etc etc,,,,,He showed me a Tommy gun in a fitted case with a drum and stick mags and a detachable stock and told me he could sell it for a Whopping !!!! 7 thousand,,, I was shocked at that much money for a tommy gun. Back then as a Kansas resident I could not own any NFA toys,,, or I would have bought that gun.

Those Days are gone for good

Interesting stuff gents! Think of how many NFA weapons are all over the world in maybe abandoned warehouses or on someones farm etc.

And for many years you could not have a drink served on an airplane while flying over Kansas.