Need help with MP40 mystery

I saw a Form 4 with the following additional data noted in box 4h: Receiver marked: L.W.F. Wooster, O. Now, I know Wooster is a town in Ohio. Anyone have any idea who L.W.F. could have been? I dont have a picture of the receiver so I dont know where or how it is marked. Id like to solve this mystery.

Dan

Possibly a reweld

Mine is stamped with the guys name who welded it or made it

Mine is bob Harley, speedway IN

Most likely stamped under the receiver

Its the makers initials. Could be any joe dirt with a welder

Edited by huggytree

Possibly a reweld

Mine is stamped with the guys name who welded it or made it

Mine is bob Harley, speedway IN

Most likely stamped under the receiver

Its the makers initials. Could be any joe dirt with a welder

This certainly occurred to me as one of the possibilities. I was hoping for more specific information.

This issue came up when the gun was being marketed, if I recall correctly. Whose name is on the registration under mfg/import? The ID can just as easily be for reactivation by that person.

Schmeisser, German

What turned me off was the fact that the serial number is listed as 2451VLWF. Why change the serial number? The original number is 2451v. To my mind that would make it less likely a reactivated dewat than a reweld. Of course, there is no telling what the story is without a FOIA.

Edited by DZelenka

• 2 weeks later...
Ohio is kinda a hot bed for class 3 dealers. I know there was a former dealer in Wooster that sold to another guy about a decade ago. I suspect it"s LW Firearms...Wooster Ohio. Just going by foggy memories of a story someone told me. Wooster is about a hour from me. Edited by Junkhunter