Strange Reising Malfunction Issues

Folks,just acquired a Reising 50 from a Connecticutt chap and it was sent with a connector installed that was milled down

a lot since they cannot own select fire. They can own a safe and full auto but NO select fire. The connector was ground down

so it would go full auto in the semi mode as well.

I received a connector and installed it and then trouble started. It worked perfect in semi but in full mode, one round would go off and the second round wouldnt, The second round always chambered but no detonation.I checked and the hammer followed each time like it should . There was no indication of a light strike, nothing.. Reinstalled the original one and its full auto all the time.And it

works perfectly.

I am clueless.One of the attributes of the reising is that it was accurate semi auto being a closed bolt weapon.

Anyone have ideas?

Thanks in advance

Haris357

The lower connector is the one that was modified to work full auto and safe.

Top one is the one that doesnt work in FA mode

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/923/ustKkH.jpg

Edited by Haris357

You will be more comfortable with disassemble and reassembly after doing it a few times.

I revaluated your firearm malfunction, I was wrong about bending inward it needs to be bent outward which will slightly lengthen distance. I think the hammer is being released too early and by bending the lower connector outward will also cause the hammer to be released latter. Rather than bending the connector outward you could also file the inside of the hook a little, test, remove a little more metal till corrected. Removing a little metal would possibly be better than bending. Sorry for the confusion

So you are saying that with the new connector :

gun fires

bolt comes back , case ejects

bolt returns , chambers next round

gun does not fire second round

hammer is forward

removing second round shows normal , indented primer , but no ignition

right ?

Chris

If there is NO indent then the firing pin did not hit the primer . The hole in the front center of the hammer is to prevent firing if the bolt does not tilt up into it's locking slot . In this case , however , I'm thinking that the hammer is not being caught / held back when the bolt goes forward . It follows the bolt forward . If it is up against the bolt during this , the firing pin would be in the hammer hole and the resulting wedgie would keep the bolt from tilting up into it's lock . Check bolt position close for this .

Chris