Dan Combs Thompson

The American Rifleman recently profiled Dan Combs of the Oklahoma Highway Patrol:

Dan Combs

I recently had the opportunity to have a few minutes with this particular Thompson.

I took a few close up photographs while it was out of the display case. Forgive the quality and composition, I am a terrible photographer and had a short window to work in.
Perhaps I will get a longer session with the rifle in the future. I also was not able to get permission to do a take down, so there are no pictures of the internals.

I saw lots to comment on; I hope some on the forum will have some insights.

Thanks for looking.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=10SFp2QtGuh-nZzIxvwwwvM4oILzTdNWt

• Upvote 2

Thank you for the pictures of NO 6947, originally purchased by the Oklahoma Highway Patrol and used by Captain Dan Combs during his shooting exhibitions. NO 6947 certainly shows the wear of being used as a primary duty weapon for the Oklahoma Highway Patrol and later by Captain Combs in many shooting exhibitions. Of note, the two-piece 1928 NAVY actuator seems to have held up well. In addition, the compensator has not been pinned to the replacement GI barrel and the GI front sight has been peened into place.

All good stuff! Thanks!