Wtk: Cover, Thompson Sub-machine Gun D5026

Hi guys,

Was the COVER, THOMPSON SUB-MACHINE GUN CAL .45 D50268 Revision 1 OD green canvas case designed solely for the M1 or M1A1 TSMG? Or was it designed to accept the US1928A1 TSMG also? This is the later version of the cover with the integral pouch to accomodate a TSMG with a 20rd mag inserted.

Thanks

Carey

Hi cavediver,

Thanks for the info. Everything I have read on the D50268 case lists that it is for an M1 or M1A1 with no mention of the earlier Cutts equipped guns fitting, so I was not sure.

Thanks

Carey

awful tight fit for a 28 in my opinion. I think they were designed for the M1 They don't zip right with a 28 inside.

QUOTE (faabala @ Jan 21 2005, 06:49 AM)
BTW Pacific canvas and leather is making a repro now for $49.00

I just paid to much for what is supposed to be an original one of these... Is there any tricks to knowing the diff other than the good ole musty smell of the canvas?

I just the repro cases in person at the Fort Indiantown Gap WWII reenactment . The canvas is not the waterproffed tent type of canvas. The leather tabs are much thinner leather than the originals. The zippers are brass not steel; it seemed sheap and not heavy duty. I was not overly impressed and probably will not get one. I compared it to an original that was on an a nearby vendors table