Anybody Get Their Drums Yet

Second order of drums (the one I got in on) weren't originally due for shipping until Nov.4th.

Yesterday I received a notice from them stating that items would be shipped when in stock, but no longer than 60 days....

Hmmmmm.....bet it's closer to November before I see my three...... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

john

Got a card from Sportsman's Guide today telling me that they were out of stock but would "be shipped soon." It listed the item as a "New Thompson 50 RD Drum" to be shipped in 90-105 days. As long as it doesn't come from Kahr, I can wait. I'll just put it with the other stuff I'm waiting patiently for...like a Shrike, LM7 Upper, yada yada yada...wink....blink blink....pass out on floor.

Oops, forgot my meds.

I got that card too. The description as, "new," makes me a little nervous. You don't think they'll try to palm the Kahr's on us, hoping we won't notice?

Their own description in the catalog AND on the website was "Brand new - never issued WW2 surplus Thompson drums"

I take this to mean they are vintage, as Kahr or West Hurley drums are definitely NOT WW2 drums. Surplus means NOS, not new....

My questions are, will they be in original cardboard boxes and wrapping? And also, which WW2 drum(s) will they be? Bridgeport, Seymour or Crosby?

My guess is that most of the drums that seem to have been sneaking into the market lately (smuggled in individually) are Seymour drums, with a few Bridgeports showing up also from foreign sellers.

It'd be nice to get one of each of those three in factory packaging!! (one can only dream.....) http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

john