6667 For Sale

The seller is very proud of it! Note the World War II drum. A quick glance gives me pause about the butt plate - more than just the lousy fit. Of course, that makes me suspect the butt stock too. At this price the package should be perfect!

Seems like its been listed on GB about a year now, original buy it now was $90.000 , now $78,000 will buy it . maybe if the seller keeps reducing the price over the next couple of years, it would be a good buy. in the last three months he has had one bid, it was $25,000

The butt stock is Remington but I agree with TD, the features of the butt plate especially the poor fit and rough vertical brush finish, suggest a military replacement some time in the guns history.

One could argue most of the Thompsons sold in the Midwest during the period 1933-34 were purchased because of the Dillinger gang - therefore, theyre all Dillinger related! 😉

Edited by 1921A

Is this drum mag only to WW2 or might be earlier? I got Bridgeport drum just like that one.

Yes, the drum is a WWII era Bridgeport. The case is obviously a reproduction.

• 1 month later...

$78,000 is a good price for a Dillinger connect. RIA just sold one for more than that with no Dillinger connections. With hurley's going for $25K - $30K and more, it is no wonder Colts are getting bought in the $75K to $80K range. A year or from now you'll look back at it and kick yourself for not buying; as the going rates then will be $90K to $100K+

I would not hesitate to encourage you to buy that gun. You believe it is a good deal, please buy it and show us - maybe at a TCA or TATA event.

Do you know the owner?

I believe what other people are saying is it is not the one for them... or me. I would not encourage people who do not think it is a deal to buy it.

Remember to buy the gun, not the story...

That Thompson has no Dillinger connection, It was purchased by Porter county more than 6-weeks after Dillinger escaped, possibly as a replacement for the one Dillinger took. (6444)

If RIA sold a Thompson for that kind of money, please post a link, I would sure like to see it.

• Upvote 1

Interesting how they link it to John Dillinger in 1930. In 1930, JHD was in prison. He was in the Indiana Reformatory (Boys School) and Indiana State Prison from 1924 until 1933.

Looks like someone bought a story and not an actual "Dillinger" gun.

I have a hat like JHD wore when he was allegedly killed, it could be............

Well at the very least I think it could honestly be said that the Tommy in question was involved in some way with an unsuccessful robbery.

And when it next goes up for auction it will probably be involved in another unsuccessful robbery.

Jim C

• Upvote 1