Difference in "font" on Lyman adjustable sight?

Hello all,

I have used the "search" here on the boards and Hill's TATB on this subject and can find very little on it. It doesn't matter whether it is "Colt era" or later, just my curiosity makes me ask. The font on the rear sight of my WH 1928 Thompson Lyman is different than the WWII Lyman sight I'm going to put on it. The one that is on it is badly pitted, and the rivets look bad. So wanted to change out. On the inside of the receiver, the rivets are perfect and look great.

I have read that the Colt Lyman sight has a better finish and the U.S.A. letters are farther apart than the later WWII sight. Any insight would be appreciated.

stampcollector

Here are pics to see the difference:

20180506_135410.jpg

20180404_122114.jpg

20180506_135206.jpg

The photobucket thing is a bummer but might be good info here.

http://www.machinegunboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14185

I used to try and save Arthur's photos as he always had nice comparisons and examples for reference.

TC

TC, I read that thread and the info was great when I did a search, and after reading it again, it does answer my question. What a shame the pictures are gone! The Photobucket thing really sucks!

ppgcowboy, would be great if pictures could be posted again, and maybe (added) pined at top for reference.

Thanks, stampcollector

Edited by Stampcollector