Anyone Here Get The Ao '28 For $15k?

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/banghead.gif On Sturm. Gone in a flash.

Also, the AO M1A1 on Bowers for $9,500 today, up and gone in less than 10 mins.

Ken

Traded email with seller on 9.5k M1A1. He said I was second on the list. THAT Sucked worse then being like 10th or more. I almost would rather miss it by a huge margin than be second.

Oh well, I told him the usual about having cash in a flash if 1st guy bailed but guess he'd prolly relist it for higher more than likely if 1st guy turns it down.

GP

Edited by GonePostal

QUOTE (TNKen @ Nov 17 2005, 09:55 PM)
http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/banghead.gif On Sturm. Gone in a flash.

Also, the AO M1A1 on Bowers for $9,500 today, up and gone in less than 10 mins.

Ken

Sometimes I wonder if people just sit in front of their computer and keep refreshing the web pages as it is funny how some items (when priced great) will sell in a matter of seconds.

I missed an original supposedly being sold by a vet in MD. with papers for $6000 on the g503 (WWII jeep board) board about 3 days ago! It was supposedly a 1928A1 brought home by the owner and amnesty papered. Bummer! Dan

It's not that people sit and watch / refresh all day long, it's the VOLUME of people that hit these sites that almost dictates that at any given moment, these sites (both Sturm and Subguns) are being viewed or checked out by several dozen people at the same time. They wouldn't be surfing these sites if there were not enthusiasts so when they see a good deal, they jump on it.

Not much more to it folks.

I was checking out Subguns two years ago and happened to do spot and respond to an ad that the seller said he had just placed seconds before I hit the site. I lucked out and nailed a M3 GG for $4500. Ya win some, ya lose some. It's all good.

GP

As I said before, maybe one too many times, I got my M1 from a post on Sturm that had a life span of about 20 minutes before Buddy pulled it for some minor infraction. I surf the sites regularly but that day was a fluke for me.

Its all in your kharma.