MP40 is complete (almost)

No WAa , no history

Collection is about history

Well, maybe on the Astra 600, but not everything. It is widely accepted the Nazis didn't put WaA stamps on the Norwegian M1914s until 1945. Doesn't mean they didn't use the ones made after Nazi occupation in 1940. If you see a waffenamt on a M1914 prior to 1945, it's all but certainly a fake.

DSCN2053.JPGDSCN2052.JPG

In fact, even Astra 400 pistols the the Nazis bought, and were delivered, were not waffenamt marked. The widely accepted serial number range for that contract was 92851-98850.

2445-1.jpg

Edited by av8tr

if your collecting war guns then you collect war guns....a astra 600 without the WAa is not a war gun...there is a reason the WAa stamped guns are worth 2-3x as much...history they contain

theres a reason the CMP 1911's are so popular when you can buy a 2019 remington 1911 for $500 that will out shoot it...history

I don't disagree about the Astra 600. But you are just wrong if you think the Norwegian M1914, Astra 400, numerous DSM models, etc. are not war guns and have no history. They may not be what you want, but it doesn't make them any less historic. Regarding value, an all matching M1914 from the war years without a waffenamt is worth twice what your desired waffenamt marked Astra 600 is worth.

Edited by av8tr

no i get it.....i can go on and buy 10 more pistols+ to get a 100% complete collection...theres at least 1 other french gun...a mauser 1914, etc,etc,etc

ive got all the major/common ones and will end it with the astra...or else ill have $15,000 more into this collection

no french 1935a...hard to find one thats not 80% or less...i see some fake stamped too....they are similar to the swiss P210 i believe

i had a chance at a french Unique that was pretty nice, but it was right on the edge for me price wise and not as high quality as i collect so i passed on it...sadly that was still the best one ive seen

i cant remember the name but i do own a french version of the browning 1922...kinda neat, the finish is almost a bronze/gray

all my guns function as well....i may have 1 more coming soon- ill take another group shot again

Your French pistol might be a MAB Model D. I believe I see one in your picture, 3rd row between the Radom and FN 1922.

Which Unique, the Model 16, Model 17 or the Kriegsmodell?

Edited by av8tr

yes model d

a beautiful gun....the finish is really interesting...i wonder how they accomplished the tint it has...or maybe its just how the finish has aged

unique model 17...could have had a decent one for i think around $650-700.....its a bit more than i like to pay for a .32, but i have paid up to $800 for ones that are 99-98% condition....every model 17 i see is about 40% finish or less...all ugly as heck...

the 1935a are a very hard find...ive seen them with obvious/fresh WAa stamps....not sure if ive seen one thats authentic

my jewel is still my 1937 luger....its 99%...looks like brand new....all matching and correct.....only shot it once..

i wouldnt mind a couple of Japanese guns too...also like the early 1900's Hungarian ones too..ammo is too much of a problem and i wont own a gun that i cant shoot.

wish i had a display room/office.....i envy people who have walk in safes. i know a few on this forum do

Edited by huggytree

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another MAB really worth having is the PA-15. Beautifuly made, superb accuracy and trigger, as much a classic (IMHO) as the High Power or P-210. You also need a WWII Canadian Chinese contract tangent sight Inglis P-35 with the shoulder stock.