Original Transferable Colt 1921 Thompson on Sturmgewehr

(Not Mine)

Seller Description:

I have a original 1921 Colt Thompson for sale. $34,000 Plus shipping. It is all Colt and comes with a reproduction FBI case and a drum mag. Gun runs great and in en excellent operational condition. it has finish wear and some acquired handling dings from many years of ownership. It was originally sold to the New York Daily news in the 1920's. Gun is currently on a form 3 here in Tulsa Oklahoma. Feel free to ask questions.

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/forums/index.php?/topic/714-wts-original-transferable-colt-1921-thompson/

1921 2.jpg

1921 4.jpg

1921 5.jpg

The rear pistol grip doesn't look to be a Colt.

Definitely GI rear grip.

Front grip has received some sanding.

Seems like a fairly high price, the way things are now.

But, in July, when the C&R market is opened to those people who couldn't get a signoff,

I would expect that supply and demand are headed for an a correction -upward.

Edited by mnshooter

ive asked the owners for some pics on this gun....its most likely out of my price range right now, but its been for sale for months, so who knows if my price range can increase into the $30's a few months from now....be nice to see if only the wood has been replaced or if more WW2 parts are inside it....not seeing many $30k guns sell and very few sell in the $20's either....Stock market worries?

Edited by huggytree

ive asked the owners for some pics on this gun....its most likely out of my price range right now, but its been for sale for months, so who knows if my price range can increase into the $30's a few months from now....be nice to see if only the wood has been replaced or if more WW2 parts are inside it....not seeing many $30k guns sell and very few sell in the $20's either....Stock market worries?

I said that too. I put the brakes on over a month ago and 100% a result of the stock market. I can afford a gun here and there but trust me, I look at them as an investment.

Eric

My next gun will be when we get back to an all time high.

i put out $35k for a rare NIB M16a2 in december.....same rare NIB gun came up on GB last week and sold for $28,500...........someone on a M16 forum claimed to have paid $40k earlier last year for the same NIB rare M16a2(gun is getting less rare by the month it seems).........i see nothing really selling in the $30's right now.......i play with GB every few days and see whats happening and watch the ads a couple of times a week.....$10k guns sell.....$20k M16's sell.....$30k guns---not so much

im still a $25k buyer for a Thompson.......just nothing on the market i want except for possibly the $30k NIB(??) 1928ac on GB(for 6-8 weeks now)......(still looking into that one w/ a buyer who wont respond to my offers)

Edited by huggytree

huggy, I don't think you're going to find any $25k Thompson that suits you.

35K maybe, but not $25k

$25k is price tag of a real nice 28A1 arsenal rebuild

im ok with that....#'s matching....w/ a drum

$35k gets me a Colt....but not a pretty one

i may even grab a M1 or M1a if the deal is right.....its going to be a shooter for me....just want it to be a quality gun that will sell quickly when i want to sell

Edited by huggytree

here's a few pics ive gotten from the seller w/ more to come.....i am somewhat serious on this gun...i should have the funds in 30 days to afford it, so if you see something not right as i post the photo's id love the advice...looks like an original barrel......and if another forum member grabs it instead so be it....im glad to post the pics and see what happens

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n531/waukeshaplumbing/colt%202_zpsmbicg1ie.jpg

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n531/waukeshaplumbing/colt%205_zpse51srj6d.jpg

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n531/waukeshaplumbing/colt%204_zpsbrmnqvca.jpg

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n531/waukeshaplumbing/colt%203_zpslo5lrapy.jpg

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n531/waukeshaplumbing/colt%201_zpsx9vg7o6h.jpg

Edited by huggytree

Nice Looking Colt. If I could figure out how to take great pictures and post them I have a Colt that would simply shock you.

It has one single boo boo on it otherwise looks NIB and can't see been shot much if any.

May just be the picture - but the lower internals look not bright as I would expect Colt parts to be. The stock release does - arer yousure the internals are all Colt?

not sure of anything.....waiting for more pics....i wouldnt consider an offer without 20 more detailed pics...i dont really know what the finish even looks like....its a $34k colt, not a $44k colt....so im assuming its not going to be perfect.....im in the market for a $25k Bridgeport 1928 and i figure why not look at lower priced colts too since $9k extra may be within the budget and long term may be a better investment....either way its going to be shot 3-4x a year and enjoyed...so i dont need a museum piece, but do want it to be at a level where i can resell quickly too....this ones been on the market for a while, but at a higher price

im not in trouble for posting too many pics am i???

43 total

he says bore is good and scratch underneath is from a screw on the stock...something someone did wrong

is it a united specialties gen 1 drum?

gen 1 cutts?

is that little X on the butt stock the Remington anchor?

looks like an extremely wore finish or is it the lighting?

Edited by huggytree

pistol grip is military. vertical fore grip has been seriously sanded. you will want to see a picture of the back of the bolt to confirm it is correct, pictures of the ears of the blish and a front on shot of the actuator. check to make sure the buffer has the red disks inside. the drum is a third generation colt era drum, but it looks to have been refinished. the lower internals look correct. the stock does have the anchor proof. see if you can get a picture to confirm the number on the butt stock matches the number on the butt plate. the gun has seen some use, but if you can confirm the remaining items, and find a correct pistol grip, you will have a correct, nice shooter that you can enjoy. hope this helps.