Kahr Thompsons 1928m1a1

I am 22 and in college and have acquired the funds to begin my firearms collection. My father is arguing with me to buy a full, completed Thompson from Kahr Arms instead of my idea of buying the parts kit (if i can ever find one at a reasonable price). My fear is that since Kahr bought out Auto-Ordnance the parts will not work. Are the original M1 or M1A1 parts interchangeable with the Kahr Thompsons? Thanks

Hi, and welcome to the Forum! Are you looking at the '27 Kahr, or the M1 Kahr? Really doesn't matter much anyway. There are several parts from either a '28 or an M1 TSMG that will work for the Semi-Auto Models. In my opinion it would be cheaper to purchase a Kahr Model than to piece something together. If you were to use a parts kit, you would still need a Semi-Auto Receiver. Also, you may want to modify the Magazine Catch in order for you to use unmodified TSMG Mags. Do a search on this Forum, and on the Old Message Board. You will find ALL the answers to ALL your questions regarding the Kahr Model, Semi-Auto Guns.

Lionhart is correct - parts kits are not for building a working gun. You can put a parts kit on a dummy receiver, but that's it unless you know where you can get a semi receiver. (It will never happen)

Follow your dads advice and purchase a complete gun that is finished. A parts kit would be a waste of your money.

buy the {kahr}mi sbr model.and have pk here work on it,

{i don't believe i am giving advice}

you will then have the closet thing to the real deal w/o spending 8,000.00 to who know's what madness price....and at least you can shoot it.

or put kelly's heroes dvd in the player and have the gun sit on your lap while watching the movie.

tote it on a sling to a gun show.let your buddies handle it and even cock it.......and not worry about a untouchable safe queen.............YOU CAN HAVE FUN WITH IT!!!

anyhow nuff said,what you decide will be best anyhow,it's not my gun, it will be your's..............ron

I am saving up for my full auto WH since the originals are too expensive, but I am having a ton of fun with my 1927-A1 Kahr and I can fire it semi-auto at an impressive rate. The last time I was on the range, a couple of people asked me was that a machine gun? I aksed why? They said it sure sounded like it when I fired, but I fessed up and said no it was a semi.