New Book Review: Collector's Guide To Mil. Pistols & Revolvers

Stuart Mowbray and Joe Puleo just published a new book through Mowbray Publishing, titled, "A Collector's Guide to Military Pistol & Revolver Disassembly and Reassembly." I purchased it, and have to give it 5 stars, because it is definitely the best disassembly guide published to date. (I'm comparing it among 13 different disassembly guides in my collection.) Mowbray Publishing has taken the lead as the premiere firearm book publisher, in my opinion. I say this because of their incredible photography, and the creativity and detail demonstrated throughout their most recent books. The skill and creativity demonstrated in Mowbray's Magazine, "Man At Arms" is transferred to their books, and this new one is another excellent example. Some specifics: The table of contents has a visual as well as written title for each pistol covered in the book. Each pistol section has a title page with a full-color example of the pistol, beautifully photographed with holsters, accessories, vintage photos, or other related motifs that really make the firearm pop, so to speak. The disassembly pictures are also beautiful, and will help the collector or user better understand the inner workings and comparative markings of their firearms. It's a paperback book of great production quality, with extensive coverage and interest beyond just disassembly of pistols. Other firearm book publishers should look to Mowbray's recent examples as inspiration for continuous improvement.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com