Compensator/front Sight

So, while shooting today I noticed that the compensator had moved. The whole thing has rotated around the barrel somehow. Now the thing shoots way to the left. It is non-threaded and has the pin through the top of it.

Anyone have this happen to their 1927 A-1? Can I use a rubber mallet to rotate it back into place? Do I have to replace the pin? Have replaced AK pins before so feel OK about doing the work, or do I need to send back to Kahr?

Thanks for suggestions/advice.

If the sight will rotate or thread off, back it off a few,mark your center of barrel to line up the sight with and put some loc-tite on the threads of the barrel and screw it back on. This is what I did with mine.

Other option ... contact PK. on the boards. He'll know exactly what to do and will do it very well. Check the members tab at upper right and find his email. Easiest and best way. Honest.

Best of luck.

Sounds like the pin may have broken or it wasn’t drilled in the right place to engage the barrel, or the barrel is somehow otherwise damaged where the pin is suppose to contact it. If I was a betting man, I’d hang my dollar on the hole being drilled to high in the comp and the pin doesn’t engage the barrel adequately.

Let us know what you find out.