Ima Deal

Guys - I don't know if this is a good, fair or poor deal, just thought I'd pass it on in case it's of interest to any of you lucky Thompson owners. Just saw it in the IMA ad in the Shotgun News that came today. Ad reads:

Five specially selected excellent original Thompson round magazines complete in an original WWII marked G.I. marked magazine pouch in virtually unissued condition. These pouches are advertised for $75.00 each on their own and for these quality magazines you would expect to pay $30.00 a piece, however the package is only $139.00. and you get the choice of all Auto Ordnance marked magazines or all Seymore marked magazines at no additional charge while stocks last.

Auto Ordnance Marked Magazines $139.00 (XU1675) 6lbs.

Seymore Marked Magazines $139.00 (XU1674) 6lbs.

OR ADD A WW2 G.I. BELT. yes that's right we'll include an Original U.S WW2 G.I. belt, again in virtually unissued condition, advertised separatley at $75.00. We'll include the belt with the pouch and magazine purchase for a total of only $159.95 while stocks last.

Auto Ordinance Marked Magazines and Belt $159.95 (XU1676) 8lbs.

Seymore Marked Magazines and Belt $159.95 (XU1677) 8lbs.

I have nothing to do with IMA. Just noticed the ad and they seem to be making a big deal out of it. No idea if it's a bargain or bad deal.

IMA web site is www.ima-usa.com

Regards,

Steve

If anyone is looking for the set, this sounds like a good deal. The best price I have seen on NOS XX mags is $25 each and the NOS 5-pocket mag pouches typically run $75. That's a $200 value (average retail) for $140. Assuming that the mags are indeed NOS, they may have come from the same source as the 1000 that Ohio Ordnance acquired.

Roger

They're from Russia....England....Scotland...no, Paris! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Just think, those pouches were going for $150 alone 2-3 years ago. Some of the mags are as new. Some have actually been touched up with paint. I already had a set that I put together over the years (including paying $100 for a newish 5 cell pouch a couple years back- ouch), but I bought another set at the Creek this last trip bcause of the "new" good price. Five years from now, they'll be dried up again and collectors will be paying double or triple what they go for now. Oh well.

Just my 2 cents worth, I purchased 1- Seymour set with the belt and after getting it I order 2 more sets. Another Seymour and one AO marked. The sets that I got were beautiful and I feel well worth the amount. You don't always get a great deal but this one seemed very good to me if you need some excellent magazines and then the pouches as well as the belts. It's worth the extra for the belt sets.

Dave,

They are very nice. The magazines are NOS with just some storage wear. The cosmoline has been stripped off. The web material is also NOS, again with some storage wear. It is a good deal for the price. I happen to like the XX magazines better than the XXX's so I found it to be very worthwhile.

I contacted IMA and I bought 3 sets of xx mags/pouches, one seymore and 2 auto ordnance. They were all about new, original finish, and with 3 different manufacturers of 5 cell pouch. As an added bonus, the auto ordnance mags were both left and right hand versions. I also bought 3 brass TSMG rods for $5 each.

I am very pleased with them.

Can't say I've ever seen 'em in an original photo, but mine is set on on the back of the pistol belt between the canteen and the e tool (between where the suspenders' rear clips attach to the pistol belt). IIRC, I've seen one of those 12" airborne figures with one on each side of the chest hanging from the M36 suspenders vertically somehow (ala German paratrooper rifle bandoliers).

Found this shot on a Reenactors board Credited as Capt Frank Lillyman's group 502nd, 101st ABN Pathfinders

Shows sort of what you were saying about the Verticle on the suspenders interesting...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/KeepEmFlying/1.jpg

Got my order today and these mags are beand new as far as I can tell! I am pleased and another order is definitely forthcoming for IMA Order with confidence! MAgs and Pouch are great! the Belt I got with mine is in nice condition too I also Ordered an M7 Holster and it to is nice though a repro, I ordered two 3 cell XXX pouches from Sportsmans guide and the 50 year old pouch is much nicer than the repro!