Just Got My First Nfa Firearm, A Model 50

Acadian

I recently purchased my first NFA gun as well. I decided on a Reising 50 due to the fact that I live in a C&R only state. Unfortunately, it will be quite a while before I see my gun. Right now I am having trouble getting the required signature. If this isn't resolved in the very near future I will look to incorporate. I got lucky and was able to buy 3 of the 20 round mags for a good price. I am really excited about the gun but at the rate things are moving, I probably wont see it until spring.

Here is a link to a picture of my gun Reising 50

The CLEO signed my papers immediately, I live in the free state of Pennsylvania. But that was back around the middle of November 2002. The ATF approved the transfer on June 10th 2003 and then the paperwork got lost.http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif The certified copy got to my dealer Friday August 22nd and he shipped it overnight the following Monday.

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif Congratulations! I have a couple of Reisings, among other things in the collection also. They tune up nicely with a little attention (Nick's Reising book is a great resource). That was my first transfer too. I am in a tough state also but the CLEO in our town is very supportive I have very good relationship with him. Also kudos to PA. I have in-laws there and visit often. The local sheriff was very helpful when I got my non-resident LTC about 10 years ago.

Lumpy,

Try and get to know the top law dog and assure him that NFA collectors are safe and sane. What state are you in? If you incorporate, do the C corp and your transfers are done from stern to stem in about 8-10 weeks and best of all, no CLEO! Good luck!

Trying to get to know the top dogs here is next to impossible. I live in a pretty big city and it seems like the top brass is constantly on the run. It took me 2 weeks just to get an appointment to see the Sheriff and when I got in, he immediately handed me off to the Undersheriff. Unfortunately, they wouldn't sign and said I needed to go to the city. The city has had my form 4 for over a week now and have done nothing with it as of 3 days ago. Also, I am in Michigan. These folks are acting like they have never seen a form 4 before now.

As far as incorporating goes......I am really lost on that. I dont know the difference between a C corp, an S corp, and a LLC. I am going to have to find a CPA to set it up for me. I tried getting info from the state web site but the more I read, the more confused I got.

One way or another, I will end up with my Reising. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif