1936 Thompson Catolog

www.colectorsfirearms.com in Houston has listed in the "New arrivals" web page catagory for 7/31 an original 1936 Thompson catolog in very good condition....$400. Look in the listing that has photos then click on the item and it will show more pics of different pages. Too much money for me married with children but one of you out there might like to add it to the display case. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

I made contact - suggest you save your money and order the same one from Numrich Gun Parts which comes with a 1929 copy for around $10.00 for the set. Strong posibility this is a reprint.... I have several just like the one offered and all are reprints.

Ron

I am not in the market for this I thought you were by asking for the address.

In any case I have both originals and reprints and yes reprints prevail.

But IMHO that is NOT reason to buy a reprint and ignore this, some people do want originals and not reprints.

If someone wants an original and is willing to pay the price from a reputable retailer who SHOULD be backing the sale with an inspection privelage for your comfort. It is hard to tell from pics but the one shown has some aging shown I guess someone could fake that but not sure it would be worth it.

Anyway someone will buy it as there are not too many originals.

michael

Sig - yes I was asking for the E mail address - made contact and after asking several questions from the seller - question if this is a original or reprint. I have reprints and orginals.

Didnt mean to upset you - sorry!

Wasn't on the original of that book, the bullseye in red? One I saw in Arizona was red and that is what I was told at the time. I gave $10 for mine last year just like this one listed on there.

There was one which is like the one for sale - green - address on lower part of catalog is 31 Nassau St. New York. Mine like this has "flat staples" the one for sale has "round" staples.

The one with the red bullseye has an address of - 56 Pine St. New York and mine like this also has "flat staples."

Someone with more experence could comment as if the round staples are correct for the one which is offered.

Below is a quote from JimfromFl on another post on this subject

"Open the book to the middle....

What do the stapes look like?

If original, then the staples in the center of the book will be straight and problem have slight rust or residue from the paper and staples reacting.

If the staples are curved then its a good chance of being a repro. "

I don't have much time to look at my own but the comment about the staples with rust or residue is the 1st thing I look for.

1936 Originals should have the trigger on the lower gun touching the bulleye OR the tip of the compensator of the top gun just touching the ring of the bullseye. Reproductions have both guns positioned forward or to the right in relation to the bullseye.

The one with the red bullseye (Pine Street) should have an insert glued in on the 1st page from Federal Laboratories. Mine is there (separated from the glue) but obviously having been glued to it at one point in the past. Many of these could be missing that insert but the glue should still be there.

Hope that helps. If there is a real need to get the staple issue answered let me know and I will take a look at mine tonight.

michael