Ithaca 37 Riot

David,

I noticed that you have not found a M37 military riot in 4 years, for the pinned section.

I'm posting some pics of a Ithaca M37 commercial riot gun if you'd care to pick one out for the pinned section.

Its a 1969 vintage, full auto model. I've seen pictures of Navy Seals in VN with such a gun, but mine never left the states.

Jim C

IMG_0036_1.JPG

IMG_0037_1.JPG

IMG_0038_1.JPG

IMG_0039_1.JPG

IMG_0040_1.JPG

IMG_0041_1.JPG

David,

I noticed that you have not found a M37 military riot in 4 years, for the pinned section.

I'm posting some pics of a Ithaca M37 commercial riot gun if you'd care to pick one out for the pinned section.

Its a 1969 vintage, full auto model. I've seen pictures of Navy Seals in VN with such a gun, but mine never left the states.

Jim C

I am not familiar with the term " full auto " in regards to a pump action shotgun . Does that mean no sear disconnect ?

Chris

Sadly I cannot (technically challenged on this site), I sent you 2 photos however. The gun is not necessarily correct, however the case was fished out of an FBI dumpster at a field office (or so the story goes) and this specific gun was added to the case since apparently the FBI does not normally throw away the guns with the cases (but I'm sure it has happened). This is an older gun of the slam fire variety, so it's period correct but may not be specifically correct as the original gun in the case. In this instance I bought the case and this gun happened to come with it. If anyone might have more specific info as the "correct" gun finish, barrel length, etc. I'd love to upgrade it. I've not been able to find any info as to what specifically was inside the case other than a model 37 which is what fits and is what the seller told me. No markings on the case other than the latches. Eagle lock co. Terryville, Conn which were pretty common back in the day. Any input is welcome.

I don't want to hijack this thread, so if we get a lot more posts about FBI cases, I'll merge them into another thread. I just thought I'd post a photo of my FBI case for a Remington Model 31 to compare to johnsonlmg41's Ithaca Model 37 FBI case.

My case came out of the Cleveland office. I have a Model 31, but it's a family heirloom with a Fajen stock, and a compensator, so it doesn't fit in the case. I'll eventually pick one up that fits it.

Mine has hardware from the same company as johnsonlmg41's.

FBI_M31_Case-1.JPG

FBI_M31_Case-2.JPG

FBI_M31_Case-3.JPG

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

• 8 months later...

I have a '70s era M37 riot, 5 shot, all parked, absolutely mint. May sell it.5 shots fired thru it since new.

anyone looking for an M37?

Edited by MARK2112