Current price for MP40 mags

Hi, I think what above poster said was absolutely correct. Dates and condition matter. For example, I have a "collector" set of MP40 mags and a "shooter" set of MP40 mags. I have paid quite recently as little as $85 plus shipping for decent slab side mags and up to $200 for a nice "collector" mag (ayf 42 minty). These prices all come from gunbroker. MP41 clips seem to go for a bit less as collectors prefer "real" MP40 mags for their gun but they function the same and I really like them. I have picked up MINTY MP41 mags for like $90. Well, hope this helps. Take care, Haenelistklasse

PS On the MP38 mag, there is one on gunbroker for like $400 that is just sitting there. I would say on that mag probably like $200-$250 if it is a nice one to the right buyer.

i paid $100 each for absolute mint steyr mags from Folke about a year ago...now id sell them for $135-150

i think good condition mags are $90-110 range depending on condition...the prices have risen in the past year....many of my shooter grades were $80-90....now id list them for $110

slab side add $30 or so

I wonder if there would be a market for new production MP40 mags? I know I would purchase quite a few.

real deal has history...and there is no shortage of them

they reproduced GG mags and from what ive sen they are absolute non functional junk

i buy the real deal even if costs 2x more....they sell spring kits to make new

I wonder if there would be a market for new production MP40 mags? I know I would purchase quite a few.

real deal has history...and there is no shortage of them

they reproduced GG mags and from what ive sen they are absolute non functional junk

i buy the real deal even if costs 2x more....they sell spring kits to make new

If I could buy new mags that were quality built but half the price, would use them when I shoot the MP40. Would save the real deal mags and store in my safe.

I have a few pictures. I'm trying to find the best hosting site.

7 mags have nice original finish, some have a few small dents

4 mags have thin original finish

1 mag is refinished

a few are marked MP41 and Schmeisser

a few are marked kur and either 43 or 44

one is marked gqm 42

one is marked fox 42

one is marked 98E 42

Are any of these rare markings?

98e i believe is steyr....when i bought mine i asked them to look for all Steyr as i read they were more reliable...i think you will find steyr will sell a bit higher or at least faster

i saw a gqm in my pile too

just different manufacturers...i dont think any are a gold mine

id list the 7 nice ones in 1 group, and the 4 others in another group to maximize $$

the mp41 ones should be listed by themselves...i believe a form member has some of these and they wouldnt fit his gun...they should be advertised as mp41's

I have a few pictures. I'm trying to find the best hosting site.

7 mags have nice original finish, some have a few small dents

4 mags have thin original finish

1 mag is refinished

a few are marked MP41 and Schmeisser

a few are marked kur and either 43 or 44

one is marked gqm 42

one is marked fox 42

one is marked 98E 42

Are any of these rare markings?

I probably would not call any of these mags rare but the fxo 42 is a better code. If it is in really nice condition you can get a premium for it. Like another forum member said the MP41 mags do not work in all MP40s. In fact, I traded two MP40 mags to another forum member because he bought two MINTY MP41 mags that would not work in his I think Erb tube gun. The MP41 mags work fine in an Erb tube gun and a pair of C&R MP40s that I own. I might be interested in your gqm 42 mag depending on condition as I don't have one of those and might be interested in one or both MP41 mags depending on condition. Take care, Haenelistklasse

He knew he had a mag he got for $10 years ago and got 60. Or maybe he knew there are well over 100 magazines per registered gun in the US, and that once the price rises to a point, someone will make them and prices will fall? The American retail market always fascinates me! I'll never pay over 50, and the last Vig mags I got last year were $5, but they will require 3-5 minutes of work to fit.

Whomever contacted me i told them about them. I think the guy wants a order for more then one magazine now.And i understand that $70 bucks to pack and ship hardly worth his time.Will find out.Ron

• 7 months later...

He knew he had a mag he got for $10 years ago and got 60. Or maybe he knew there are well over 100 magazines per registered gun in the US, and that once the price rises to a point, someone will make them and prices will fall? The American retail market always fascinates me! I'll never pay over 50, and the last Vig mags I got last year were $5, but they will require 3-5 minutes of work to fit.

Johnsonlmg41

Very curious about what you have done with the grinding on the Vig mags to get them to work. Can you provide information and pictures?

Thanks Marty

I just bought four MP 40 mags from Folke for $420 shipped. I saw none Friday at the SAR show, one table told me they sold three during set up for $80 a piece

You did? I havent sold any in quite a while. Hope you were happy with them wherever you got them from ☺️

Edited by Folke

In regards to the Vig and MP40 magazines some years ago I found magazine dimensions for the two. The MP40 are width .906" length 1.362". The Vig magazines are width .914" length 1.382". Unfortunately I did not note my source so take it for what its worth. I intend on purchasing a few to test these dimensions and performance.